July 2, 2013

Protest

Demonstrations in Cairo, Alexandria and all over Egypt are in the millions to oust President Morsi. We here in Hughada are no exception. We've been having our own modest (in comparison) protests in the past few days as well.

Everyone I know (save for one woman who's husband is rumored to be ikhwan) wants Morsi and the Muslim Brotherhood out of power. It will be interesting to see how this unfold in the events of the coming days.

Here are some photos of the protest today in Hurghada.

Protest graffiti

Everything says "ir7al", which means leave.

Safiyah & E

E & Dawood not facing the camera.

There were volunteers making a circle around the women and children.

There were plenty of foreign residents in the protest and tourists on the side lines taking photos/video.

Awkard selfie

Flags as far as the eye can see.

The girls pose for a memorable photo.

Safiyah and I showing our Egyptian pride.


6 comments:

  1. MashaAllah :) Seeing these photos makes me smile... I wanted to visit Egypt before but after the killing of Sheikh Shehata I thought I'd better not (we are Shi'a) but seeing these photos makes me hope that inshaAllah things will improve.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have hope inshaAllah that Egypt will be great. I hope you come visit some time inshaAllah.

      Delete
  2. Salam, I am just curious. What's happening in Eqypt? I am sure you are supporting Dr Mursi right. Hopefully Islam will continue rising forever in Egypt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alaikum alsalam Nur. It seems like you know what's happening and if you read the post above you know I marched in protest of Dr. Morsi so, no in fact I'm not in support of him. It's amazing to me how many people who are for Morsi don't actually live here. He was driving the country into the ground and the overwhelming majority wanted him out. We can have Islam in Egypt without involving the government.

      Delete
  3. Looks like it was a memorable day for you and your family! And I must say, it's nice to hear about things from someone who is actually living in Egypt. So many people have an opinion who don't live there and have never been there and have no family there, it really bugs me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melissa. I agree. Why devalue what actual Egyptians want and think?

      Delete

Thanks for commenting!