July 16, 2013

Iftar Today

Each day in Ramadan, I try to think of what to make for iftar. When everyone is fasting, you really want to put that extra effort and make it a really delicious meal.  Today, I finally succeeded in making bread! It's kind of a big deal for me because until now I've never been able to make nice fluffy rolls. My previous attempts have always resulted in tough chewy bread. This recipe was a little painstaking but worth it in the end. I only made half the recipe to try it out but they disappeared in no time. I'm going to try adding cheese and garlic to the dough  next time.

Dinner rolls just out of the oven.
The spread.
This is a recipe I learned from my aunt that is basically mashed potatoes layered with ground beef and topped with toasted bread crumbs.
Roasted garlic and herb cauliflower is an MVP in my recipe repertoire. 
To drink I made Karkade which is a hibiscus drink. Really good and refreshing.
Chocolate mousse for dessert. This is the recipe, it was pretty easy to follow but I used real whipping cream since we don't have frozen whipped topping.

I'm always looking for new recipes to try. Pinterest usually has some good ones, I just have to start making sure I have everything before starting something or else I end up having to send Dawood to buy something quick like I did today with the whipping cream! 

It is pretty tiring on a day like today to make all of that, but it makes me happy when everyone likes it. Anyone have any go to, tried and true recipes for me to try?

1 comment:

Thanks for commenting!