June 28, 2013

Vacation

Last week my sister was in town and we went on a lovely little vacation here at one of the local resorts. It was a great time full of swimming, eating, laughing and did I mention the eating? Really, when you're at an all inclusive place and there's a breakfast, lunch and dinner buffet, you really don't get a chance to be hungry but you eat anyway because well, it's time for food! Interesting how that works.

I realized how much I love swimming in these few days. I'm not a pro, I just kinda wade along but it feels amazing and the deep end was always empty. My sister and I noticed that although half the people at the resort were Egyptians, it was quite rare to see any Egyptian women swimming. They'd all be in the crowded shallow side and we'd be swimming along in the vast deep half, just us two. Why is that?

Anyway, here are some photos :)

Waiting to check in.
Salwa, already tan from our beach days.

The view from our balcony.

One of the swimming pools.

Can you tell he's thrilled to take a photo?

Just after waterslides.

Never miss an opportunity for ice cream.

Scenery selfie.

Pretty, huh?

A towel swan! 

Hijabi swimwear plus a floppy hat.

Giant chess.


Good times! It's so nice to get away for a few days.

10 comments:

  1. It looks wonderful! I would totally put on my hijabi swimwuit and go in the swimming pool even if i'm the only one. You make me want to buy a floppy hat but i'm in the greyness at the moment...
    I loled at the towel swan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, but I got the dreaded hijabi tan. Looks as if I'm wearing a tan mask while at home or at the gym. Quite the site. Still worth it.

      Delete
  2. looks so nice!!!! my experience is arabs dont learn how to swim, maybe this generation is different but i grew up in australia and swimming is part of the school curriculum in primary school. my mum is lebanese and they never learnt to swim, my husband is egyptian and i told him im going to enrol you in clases because he also never learnt to swim. it is a really important life skill i think. the only arab women i knew who could swim (doggy paddle) where from the swamp areas and had to swim to move around there village.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the newer generation is different, alhamdulillah. Tons of kids here boys and girls go to swim lessons etc. You're right it's so important.

      Delete
  3. Looks like a beautiful resort! The towel swan is cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea it was really pretty :)

      Delete
  4. you look cute in your hat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a lot of fun! I have a swimsuit just like yours! I wore it on my last holiday to Hurghada but my husband hated it and said I looked silly. It was really comfy to swim in though and it felt great to be back in the water - haven't been swimming in so long!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lot of fun. Fun always surpasses looking silly but I bet you looked cute.

      Delete

Thanks for commenting!