June 5, 2013

Summertime Miscellaneous Ramblings

We are so glad to be done with this school year. We've been officially on summer vacation for a couple of weeks now.  The lazy days have begun. I love the beach. We really ought to take advantage of our proximity to such lovely shores. Swimming is one of my favorite things. You feel just weightless and as though all your cares are washed away in the sea.

Salwa & Safiyah at the beach. 

I do however have to deal with the dreaded hijabi tan. You know, where your hands/feet and face are several shades darker than the rest of you? Not cool. I slather on sunscreen and try to stay in the shade but there's no shade in the water and that's the best place to be when you're at the beach. The last time we went, it was us and some friends and we spent a long time swimming and having "holding your breath contests" which I'm surprisingly good at. After that we ate, we brought food and drinks along and relaxed on the chaise longue. We stayed till they closed. I plan on going to the beach a lot more this summer, it's just theraputic, I believe.


Another great love of mine is a new one. Bubble tea. I only just tried it recently when this place opened here and it's just yummy. So far, my favorite combo has been green tea frappe, peach flavor with strawberry boba.

Refreshing!

Here's a favorite food, it's a simple recipe just sauteed green beans with a bit of salt and pepper and sugar. 

If I have almonds, I'll toast some slivers and add them in.


We have a kitty! Her name is Nussa and she's rescue like Rocky and she's super adorable. I was worried about them getting a long but they have a kind of brother/sister relationship. She wants to play, he's mildly annoyed. It helps that she's inside most of the time and he's outside.





I leave you with this epic fruit salad that Safiyah seems to be baffled by here. How's your summer going so far?

6 comments:

  1. That beach is beautiful! I love the water, but I don't get to swim much anymore.
    Cute kitty!

    So far, my summer has been a bit boring...but the battery in my car is dead at the moment! But I'm planning to do some things soon, inshallah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Swimming is so great, I don't know your reasons for not swimming much lately but if you do you'll feel amazing. :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Mona :o),

    I'm glad you're enjoying your summer!I agree,the beach can be so therapeutic :)...
    Sugar and almonds with the green beans :)?Hm,I sure shall try this!

    Enjoy your summer...mine has been so far just normal :)...

    XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sugar is minimal. Like a teaspoon or so, depending on how much green beans you're making. You'll love it!

      Delete
    2. I'll try it :).

      Delete
  3. You have great blog. :) I think you should create your own website with a Free .Com domain and One year webhosting at HostUG. It will just cost you $23 Per Year. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!