June 13, 2013

RIP

It's with a heavy heart I write this post. I'm sad to say but our dog Rocky passed away. He was fine one day then the next gone. Well, when he was vomiting blood, I took him to the vet and he said he'll have to stay. He gave him an IV and took blood for testing. It was hard to leave him there but I knew he needed the fluids.

Later on the vet called and said the results said that it's a virus. One of 3 serious viruses that dogs often get here and that it wasn't looking good. I went back to the vet and by the time I got there, he was gone.  The kids didn't come with me, thankfully. I knew it wouldn't be a good thing for them to see him like that. The doctor explained things as I barely held back tears. I couldn't believe he was really gone.

It's setting in now, several days on. He doesn't come to greet me in the garden and I washed and put away  his bowls and toys.

The kids are really sad about it but we talked and made a nice slide show of all his photos together.

People suggest getting a new puppy but I don't want to think about that right now at all. It's a little insulting when suggested right away. As if he could just be replaced. I don't know, feelings are complex. We'll always remember Rocky. The funny way he'd get a running start and how he'd give you that sweet look and even when he was super hyper and crazy. RIP Rocky. I don't care what anyone says. I believe We'll see him again. one day in heaven.


10 comments:

  1. That`s so sad :-(
    I had a dog too, so I know how you feel.
    It really becomes a true friend and familymember.

    I'm sorry for your loss.

    XO

    laleh

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so sad lossing a pet, they're like family. I've lost a lot of pets over the years and it's always very hard. I'm so sorry Rocky is gone...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, I'm so sorry :( I know how hard it is to lose a pet, especially dogs. They're so special, and really become a part of your family. Inshallah you'll feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. *hugs* I'm sorry Rocky is gone :-(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry to hear about Rocky. We lost our dog a few weeks ago and I am still a mess. I hope you can all take comfort in knowing you'll see him again one day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry. (((((HUGS))))) We had to euthanise one of our dogs just last week and we're still heartbroken. I haven't been able to keep up on Facebook or Twitter [reading/responding/reTweeting/etc.] because I've felt so sad that any enjoyment I'd get out of doing those things seems wrong -- like I shouldn't be laughing or joking while we're still mourning our baby [that's how we thought of him, since we're unable to have children]. He was our first furry pet as a married couple [we'd had a few fish early on], he was still young [six and a half], and there wasn't anything we could do for him, so it feels especially horrible.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh no...Im so sorry for your loss :-(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks everyone for your comments and kind words of understanding.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Mona,I've just seen this.I'm so deeply sorry.I completely understand you,because I have a cat and I love her so much.Just take your time.
    Love dear.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohhh I'm so sorry! It hurts! I know how you feel :(

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!