May 5, 2013

Hey, May

Did this year fly by for anyone else? I can't believe it's already May!  That makes it one year since I went to the US last summer, and really, in my head that was like a few months ago. Seriously.

My kids are in the midst of end of the year exams and it's a real pain in the ass. I'm sure I've complained about it on the regular in the past years but that does not stop me. Really, school here is so intense and just made to be such a big huge deal when in the big picture, I'd like my kids to be well rounded, have interests, be in sports year round but school does not allow for that. There's simply not enough time with the work load and monthly exams. I'll be glad when we're done for the year. Of course then they'll be assigned summer homework. What a bummer. That phrase "Summer Homework" shouldn't be allowed. I'm planning to get them to finish it right away so we can just have it behind us and not worry about it.

It's super hot already, 102 (39) degrees today and it's only going to get hotter.I'm going to start making ice blocks for Rocky in this heat. Fans and AC, I love you. If it weren't for them, I'd probably melt into a puddle. Rumors are going around that the govt. is going to turn of the power 2X a day for an hour during the summer. I'm hoping that doesn't happen. Egypt really needs to get it's energy problems fixed because that is ridiculous. Ramadan this year falls right smack in the middle of summer, Allah help us.

Also,  I've been working on a little something something, to be announced soon! :)




6 comments:

  1. yes I agree, time goes so fast.
    I was in Iran exactly a year ago.

    Wow already 39 Celsius in Egypt?
    We have 20 Celsius and even with that we are lucky, cause we don't have nice weather a lot.

    XO Arezu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, it's hot, but alhamdulillah. I'm thinking 20's pretty good right now.

      Delete
  2. Salam Mona :o),

    I so wish you all the best in May and a lot of success in the school for your children.
    A few posts back I saw that you did some outfit posts,but I forgot to comment on them... Please make more of them.I really liked your outfits and you're so pretty :)!

    Kiss,kiss...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey sweetie, thank you. I'll try :)

      Delete
  3. Yeah, this year is flying by it seems! We're in the midst of end of the year exams and studying and a ton of extra homework...ugh...so much work!
    I like your plan for getting the summer homework done quickly and have it out of the way! It was 100F the other day and now it's barely 68.
    I hope they don't shut the power off 2x a day there, that's terrible. California was like that a while ago, with rolling blackouts throughout the state because of power issues. And of course it was durring summer and wasn't fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So it's not just us then, good to know!

      Delete

Thanks for commenting!