March 7, 2013

Party Pics


Well, no photos of the actual party, you understand but here are a few photos beforehand.













Now I'm not one to toot my own horn but I'm proud of the decorations. I made most of them. It's not easy finding nice, color coordinated decorations and party supplies here. There's no Party City in Hurghada. I used a lot of crepe paper, and doilies. I could not for the life of me find tissue paper for the pom poms but it turned out ok in the end. I just baked cookies and made the veggie/dip platter and everyone brought a dish. There was a lot of food because pretty much everyone showed up. We had a really nice time :)

Thanks to all of you who gave me ideas, links, and inspiration, it really helped a lot!

14 comments:

  1. I love your decorations...especially the pom-poms! I'm so happy everyone had a good time ♥

    PS: I like how your dip holder ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yea I always wanted to use a pepper for a container :)

      Delete
  2. Everything looks lovely Mona!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful decor and even better when handmade :) Wish I could have been there...(don't mind me, I like inviting myself lol).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish you could have been here too! Thanks :)

      Delete
  4. Looks beautiful! I love the colors you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you had a great day everything looks nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh :),I was looking forward for these pics!You did a great job Mona.
    I especially like the black and white table cloth and the pom poms are to die for =).
    XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looked great! :-)

    For future parties and/or general craft time with the kids: lightly color on white coffee filters with washable markers, then spray with water -- the color spreads out and dyes the filter [you can help it saturate the entire filter by squeezing it in your hand] -- let them dry flat and you can use them for lots of crafty things. You can use one color, or multiple for different effects. I did this project with my niece last summer, then made flowers with them for our cousins' dance recital.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I'd done this, they're already circle/scalloped and would be great to make a project out of for kids. I'll definitely keep that in mind, thanks :)

      Delete

Thanks for commenting!