March 31, 2013

Library Time

So there was this library opened years ago here. it was called Susan Mubarak Library. Anyway, after a while it was run down and things were looking bad. It was closed for a while and now it re-opened and it's really nice! I was very pleasantly surprised to see all the activities going on there. The kids had fun and want to go every week.









This cracked me up, Susan's old photo thrown in the back with some other junk.







I'm really glad there's a library here now and it's a nice place to go and feel like we're doing something productive instead of just hanging out doing nothing much. 

6 comments:

  1. Yay for a library! That's a pretty big deal and something we too easily take for granted in other parts of the world. I just wish Egyptian culture would change to have more respect for public property.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's just a given in the first world. I also hope people can respect public property.

      Delete
  2. I absolutely love libraries and spending time there. Always so peaceful... I'm glad they reopened your library. It looks pretty good, but inshaallah you guys will get more books. Doesn't look like there are enough :) and LOL at Susan's photo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The more books the better, I'm sure. :)

      Delete
  3. I feel your happiness. I live in Bahrain and there are no public libraries where you can check out books. I found a private library for Expats that work at the national oil company. I completely GEEKED out when I went in for the first time and found out that for a fee I check out books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's really so important to every community.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!