January 5, 2013

That's Entertainment

We all like to entertain ourselves. It passes the time and can change your mood. There are so many ways now to occupy a little free time here and there.

The Internet can be such a huge time suck but I'll admit to being on cuteoverload a lot and check Facebook several times a day. I keep in touch with people through Facebook and who doesn't love cute critters? Reddit's really good too.  On my phone, I'm a big fan of Scramble which is kind of like Boggle. Remember that game? You'd shake the cube and mix the letters then see how many words you can find? Podcasts are great for cleaning, really, the jobs just go by so much faster. I like, This American Life,  You Had To Be There and Manic Mommies.

Television, well my dish isn't properly set up yet but I always watch Parenthood on-line and New Girl. Anyone watch?  Parenthood is consistently good and I always get a good cry. New Girl is hilarious.

I've also watched a few movies recently. Pitch Perfect was funny and enjoyable. This is 40 was alright, Paul Rudd is always funny and Judd Apatow movies are raunchy but they really touched on a lot of what it's like to be in a marriage and getting older. I also watched Looper. I really liked it. Joesph Gordon Levitt's make up was distracting at first but soon. I forgot it was him. He really had Bruce Willis' mannerisms down. I like time travel movies and this was pretty well done.

Music? Mostly I listen to my old 80s and 90s stuff but I also enjoy Maroon 5, Adele, Bruno Mars, and more. I'm not snobby or a hipster when it comes to music. I like whatever sounds good to my ears, man.

Books. I haven't read much lately but listened to Bossy Pants, by Tina Fey on audio book while packing when I was getting ready for the move. It was so good. Seriously, she reads it, so you get the full effect of her stories with every affectation and voices she does. She's so hilarious, I was chuckling to myself the whole time.

What have you been watching/reading/playing/listening to?

6 comments:

  1. I don't really have a lot of time to watch TV and stuff but I do carve out time to watch Parenthood (my favorite show!) and Grey's Anatomy. On Sunday mornings I'll listen to a radio show that plays all the latest songs but in acoustic form...too cool! And of course reading blogs and keeping up with my own blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for Parenthood! I'm behind a couple episodes.

      Delete
  2. for me its blogs and youtube, tv shows and i cannot forget facebook

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who do you like on youtube? I just found a channel called Subeetube, he's hilarious.

      Delete
  3. I really want to see pitch perfect it looks brilliant! I went to see 'parental guidence' which I thought was a really funny film :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pitch Perfect is really funny, you should see it. I also want to watch Parental Guidence, gotta love Bette and Billy.

      Delete

Thanks for commenting!