December 24, 2012

A New Home

It's been a while since I've blogged. Anyone notice? I've been really busy because I was moving! I'm now all moved into our new place and really happy about it Alhamdulillah. I had been wanting/needing to move out of our old apartment for a while. We'd out grown it and it was really getting cramped. Alhamdulillah we all really love the new place. There's still a few things that need to be done/bought for it to be complete but nothing very necessary.

Moving was such a huge pain though. This was my first real, big move as a grown up and it's really a lot of work. I also was sick/ still sick through it all and that made it even harder but Alhamdulillah we did it! Also, it inspired a lot of de-cluttering and organizing. In between packing, I was watching a lot of OrganizedLikeJen on Youtube. I'd sit in awe of how everything was so neat and in it's place. I'm now proud to say my place is organized and I plan on it staying that way. I still need to do the pantry as I just put stuff anywhere just to get unpacked, but I'll go in probably tomorrow and figure out the best way to store everything.

One of best things about our new place is that it has a garden area outside, so the kids can play out there and we can sit and have tea/ meals outside as well. I'm super excited to have people over now too, I never wanted people to come over before because it was so cramped. Now I can't wait to have company!  I'm also very happy and thankful that I have a master bedroom/our own bathroom with a tub, (hello relaxing baths) and my very own walk in closet! I've never had one before and it's so great and I keep stealing glances in there and all it's organized glory. We really did need a second bathroom, I mean we are 6 people! Alhamdulillah. Zayneb is so happy to have her own room now, she really loves it, mashaAllah.

I'm really so thankful and happy, I feel blessed.

18 comments:

  1. That's really awesome about the successful move and the nicer, bigger place! Moving can be so horrible and stressful and it's just always so much work... Yay for that being done. Looking forward to heari more from you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Candice, yes, it feels great to be done!

      Delete
  2. I wondered where you were. In fact I was also thinking of londoneya and wondering where she is, she hasn't blogged in such a long time :-(.

    Congratulations on the move, that sounds fantastic. I'm sure you must all love having outdoor space! Hope to see lots of photos of you all enjoying your new home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, I've been wondering about Londoneya a lot too. Thanks, will do :)

      Delete
  3. Congratulations! Mashallah it sounds nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats my love! Blessings for you and the family always :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks sweetie, jazakellahkhair.

      Delete
  5. Enjoy your new home! I'm sure the outside space will get a lot of use.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yea, I can tell the kids to "go play outside!"

      Delete
  6. Mashallah! It sounds wonderful! Moving is stressful, but now you'll get to enjoy a new and better place! I hope you're feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Melissa :) I'm feeling better, alhamdulillah.

      Delete
  7. Mabrook Mona! I really missed you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your new home! Packing is a pain (I know, I had to do it 2x in 2 years), but it is refreshing to be out with the old and in with new, right?

    Thanks for the link to OrganizedByJen - now I'm hooked! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I'm really happy with the new digs. Oh isn't she insane? I want to make a mess at her house. jk, seriously, she's inspiring.

      Delete

Thanks for commenting!