October 22, 2012

Festival Time

This past weekend, the kids and I went to a local kid's festival. It was really cool and the kids had a blast.


The kid's doing some arts & crafts

Salwa assisting the magician.

Sponge Bob and Patrick made an appearance, lol.

I felt this snake. Feels soft.

Salwa doing some stencil art.

Of course the guy on stilts stands in front of me.

This is the weirdest character I've ever seen.

There was a Chinese circus show

Unicycling.

Dawood watching the show

Salwa and Safiyah getting their bounce on.

She was tossing that thing around like it was nothing.

Hard to capture in a photo but the table was spinning fast.

They held some competitions like a  ping pong ball in spoon race and limbo.


This guy had me nervous. He was on Arab's Got Talent.

Getting ready for color festival.

Whoohoo!

Safyiah and Salwa getting messy.


Dawood

Some local kids I thought looked especially colorful.

They had some street performers.

Can you see the fire?

They wanted 5 LE to take a picture with the snake, with your own camera! Poor snake.

A good time was had by all. The little one is my friend's daughter.

They got me too.

There was also an aerial trapeze show.

Some local students sang and danced at the end.

It was a fun day over all and I hope they do it again.

9 comments:

  1. mashaAllah all i could think the entire time i looked at this pictures were

    "OMG MONA'S KIDS ARE GETTING SO BIIIIIIIG!!!"

    wow mashaAllah :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, yea it happens before your eyes.

      Delete
  2. Ahh that looks like a lot of fun anything to keep the kids interest out of the house is great in my book lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, as soon as I heard about this, I was all over the idea.

      Delete
  3. That really seems like so much fun! I love festivals so much, my husband makes fun of me trying to go to any festival that exists (which is a lot in the summer here). I love the colourfulness of everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow !! This is a great event !! Kids seem like having fun !!
    Amazing and joyful pictures btw !!
    Lamia
    http://ginger-chocolateandhoney.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice and fun pictures.

    XO Arezu

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow... looks like fun! and the kids seem to have had a blast!
    Love all the pics, thanks for sharing.
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!