September 1, 2012

Dear Pinterest,

Or should I say, Dear users of Pinterest? I love Pinterest, it's one of my favorite sites. That said, there are just a few trends there I'm not crazy about. Here we go.

 Marilyn Monroe was a pretty troubled woman. Why do so many look up to her and attribute quotes to her? She never said that thing about size 0 because there was no size 0 back then! She is not someone I'd see as a role model, at all.

Does everyone have tons of Mason jars lying around?  You'd think so looking at Pinterest.

Crafts made from toilet paper rolls. Ew. Paper towel rolls, ok. TP rolls, no. 

Ryan Lokte is a douche bag. I'll be glad when he stops showing up on the Popular page.

That Elf On The Shelf thing is super creepy! Just my opinion but the entire premise is that there's this creepy little elf doll in your house and he watches to see who's "naughty or nice" around Christmas. He's pretty naughty himself. Each day the kids wake up to some mess or prank "the elf" (mommy) has pulled.

OMG people, stop pinning pictures of spiders!

Are you on Pinterest? What do you love/hate there?

11 comments:

  1. I had to search the elf on the shelf thing and yeah, that's creepy and rather strange. Do some moms out there really have time to make a mess and make it look like a stuffed elf did it?
    I have to say, we had that Christmas decoration in our house and my grandmother's house, too!

    Yes, toilet paper rolls are gross, right next to the toilet and all...ew.
    I'm looking for some mason jars thanks to a picture I saw on pinterest...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The doll's face itself is kind of creepy. Yea the tp rolls, I just think of people having not washed their hands yet and touching it/changing it. No.

      Delete
  2. this post made me LOL seriously. I have sort of turned off most social media site.. I have reconnected with reading and t.v. :D
    p.s I love reading your posts!!! I find them so real and entertaining and relaxing. It is rare I read any blog so yeah.. Keep up the great posting!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That means a lot to me, thank you :)

      Delete
  3. I LOVE pinterest but I hate I hate all the wedding stuff lol I always unfollow those boards and ones all about the way men look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Noor, I love your pins! Yea so much wedding stuff and shirtless dudes.

      Delete
  4. Totally made me LOL! Especially about the mason jars, where are they all coming from?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, I guess they sell them but what's so great about them?

      Delete
  5. I love pinterest but yes I totally agree people should really stopping pinning some ridiculous photos! I hate the spider ones too, they actually freak me out! I am a Marilyn Monroe fan but I do see why people would think that she is a bit silly as a role model. This post made me laugh! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The spider ones make me lose it and scroll like a mad woman. Thanks :)

      Delete
  6. Hmmm, this is interesting! I actually do have mason jars lying around from when I made beets last year and I used one for the first time since the beets after seeing something on Pinterest! lol What's wrong with toilet paper rolls? They're just cardboard!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!