August 23, 2012

Matchng Shoes and Bag?

You guys know I love handbags and shoes. Well, I have this weird thing where I think that my shoes need to match my bag. The thing is, I don't even want to be hung up on that. I'd like to mix and match but I can't seem to get past it, for the most part.

I mean if I'm wearing sneakers then I don 't care, but why can't I just let this stupid old fashioned idea go? I'm not the Queen of England. It makes sense for formal wear maybe, but for every day and even semi-dressy, I want to just be cool with rocking a pair of brown shoes with a beige bag, maybe? A multi colored bag would be good!

I have to say I cared less while in the US. People are more casual there. Here however, people dress to impress and I like that, but even so, the matchy matchy bag/shoe thing isn't a hard fast rule so I don't know where I get it.

Take this pair of nude shoes. I don't want to go and buy a patent nude bag right now. I mean, if I saw one that was amazing, yea but, that's neither here nor there.  What kind of bag or what color bag would you pair with these?


Do you match your shoes and bag? No, just me?  Seriously, I'm gonna stop though!

12 comments:

  1. I don't match my shoes and bag, or my wallet to my bag for that matter. I'm just a hodge podge of different things going on all at once. Ok, not really, lol! As long as what I'm wearing looks good with my scarf and my shoes go with what I'm wearing, I'm happy. I only have three bags and they pretty much match my typical style and so do my shoes so while they don't match, they go together.
    I would hear that once in a while when I was growing up 'to always match your bag and shoes' and I wonder if it was something you heard a lot or people did a lot where you grew up?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I don't do the wallet thing either. Who has the time or the patience to change out their wallet often? I guess it just became a habit that I'd do when getting say an Eid outfit. Thanks for commenting :)

      Delete
  2. you could take any bag with those shoes. Seriously they are nuuuuudde. that means its like your feet are bare. What bag would you carry with your outfit if you didn't have shoes on? Maybe thats a good way to think about it inshaAllah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous12:08 AM

      Ummmm Nude shoes!! Hello!!! ANYTHING would go with these. Red, black, green, orange, purple, pink, a neon color!!! Get the drift? Go with the flow girl!

      Delete
    2. Lol, this reply made me chuckle.

      Delete
  3. Actually my husband is always fussing that I should match my shoes and bags more but I always feel bad buying shoes.
    I am still getting to grips with matching shoes to outfits. I tend to just wear black flats for work. I recently bought a pair of pinky striped flats which work well with most of my outfits since I wear a lot of pink and I'm kind of enjoying the no black look.
    Maybe one day I will match the bags too :)

    I think beige or brown would look nice with those shoes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mean I still like matching them sometimes but I just don't want to feel like it's a rule or something. I'm over it!

      Delete
  4. I match my shoes and bag, but it doesn't necessarily mean they have to be the exact same color but they do have to look good together. I think colorblock bags are great :)

    I would match nude patent leather shoes with powder pink, nude or some kind of a monogram canvas bag, like Louis Vuitton's damien azur.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tips, great ideas :)

      Delete
  5. I don't always match my shoes and my bag. I agree with the other comments here - you can most definitely match these shoes with any color bag. I have been really into colorful bags lately such as the tri-colors, etc. Be bold! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems obvious now but I can be an idiot sometimes.

      Delete

Thanks for commenting!