July 17, 2012

Fun Stuff

Alhamdulillah we've done a bunch of fun stuff recently here in the US. I had a list of things and we did most of them. We went Bowling a couple of times. I love bowling! The kids had fun too, lol. We also went roller skating and it was a blast. I hadn't put on skates in like 15 years but after the first time around I remembered how to do it and managed not to fall and had fun doing it. Sore muscles the next day but it was worth it. Dawood is really good cause he roller blades and the girls had fun too. Now I want to own a pair of roller skates!

We went to this glow in the dark mini golf place. It's pretty cool with black lights and sort of a spooky theme. We also took the kids to Build A Bear, they loved that. My kids are big bear people. What a fun place. Kinda can get pricey but I had printed out coupons for each of them so that helped.

I got to spend time with my sister and brother and cousins and that's always great. It's the company that makes things fun most of the time. Here's a few photos:


Salwa's a freakishly good bowler.

I don't think you're supposed to do that.

Am I a ghost here?

Glowy

Make duaa/ say a prayer/ wish me luck/ good vibes because I'm taking my road test to get my license again. It had been expired for so long that I have to retest.

Ramadan is coming up in just a few days so Ramadan Kareem to you all who observe. I'll be traveling back in the middle of Ramadan which isn't ideal but I'm glad to have come and glad to go home as well.

9 comments:

  1. Awww so happy to see you're having a great time. Keeping you and your family in my duas and wishing you all many more smiles and togtherness :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, you're so sweet :)

      Delete
  2. How fun!! I've wanted to take my kids to Build a Bear for sooo long, we're thinking it might be their Eid gift this year.
    Inshallah you do great on your test and get your license. Have a great Ramadan, here and back in Egypt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that's a great idea. They'll love it. Thanks, you too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Mona, I've enjoyed reading your posts from the States. Ramadan Kareem to you and yours too and safe travelling. I'm moving house in a week and half...also not ideal with it being Ramadan but Alhamdulillah I'm happy with this choice. Take care :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck with the move, inshaAllah :)

      Delete
  5. Hello Mona.. Ramadan Kareem!

    I hope you are enjoying your trip to the states in all the best ways possible :)

    Back here in Hurghada.. hot hot hot.. and power blinking on/off so much, but Alhamdulillah S and I are safe, happy and healthy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Chloe! I am thankfully, ugh that dang power!

      Delete
  6. It looks like you have been having an amazing time!!Spooky mini-golf sounds like a lot of fun.

    *Erin

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!