June 17, 2012

Our Goings On

HEY, people. What's going on? We're doing fine, Alhamdulillah. Enjoying our time here in the US and being here has been filled with firsts for the kids and even for me. I had Thai food for the first time and it was delicious. We went with my childhood BFF/cousin and her kids.  I ordered Pad Thai as that seemed pretty safe. Loved it. After that we went to Blue Spoon which is a self serve frozen yogurt place. It can be really dangerous. They give you this big cup and and you put in whatever flavors, toppings and everything then they charge by weight. I told the kids to go easy! But it was quite good. Birthday Cake flavor and Thin mint were my favorite with cookie dough on top.

We also went to see Men In Black 3. LOVED IT. I love the Men In Black movies and couldn't wait to see this. I even cried a bit at the end. Josh Brolin did awesome as a young agent K and of course to me, Will Smith can do no wrong. I'll watch anything he's in. We're hoping to see Madagascar 3 this summer too, inshaAllah.

Also, there's a great library near by and the kids and I spend hours there. It's great seeing them read stuff that's not for school and there's so much to choose from it was almost overwhelming for them at first. It's really such a great thing, and an amazing resource I wish we had in Hurghada.

Hmm, what else.There are so many Muslims here now it's great to see. A lot of Egyptians too, Copts and Muslim alike. I keep overhearing masry people in stores, heh. 

Alls well on this side of the ocean, Allhamdulillah. I really feel so at home here and was worried for nothing. So thankful we were able to come, Alahamudlillah.  Until next time! Salam :)



8 comments:

  1. Aww, mashaa Allaah! This message warmed my heart :) I'm so glad you're having such a great time...you got me planning my first visit back lol :) Jazakillaahu khayran for sharing such a lovely experience with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get to come soon, inshaAllah :)

      Delete
  2. Hey Mona, so happy you guys are having such a wonderful time :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, alhamdulillah.

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you've enjoyed your time in the states. Libraries are something I would definitely miss if I lived in Egypt, that and a general respect for public places. Every place has pros and cons though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stacy, yea, it's really such a great resource. I hear you on the general respect for public places.

      Delete
  4. Leonde Haven5:37 PM

    It is nice to hear about your trip. I rarely hear muslimah who travel to US say that they are having fun going there. They always had sad experience because of their race. I hope this conflict will end soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, I'm sad to hear that. I've had no problems what so ever. Alhamdulillah.

      Delete

Thanks for commenting!