June 11, 2012

Picnic

Hey people! Today we went to a picnic for ISCJ, it was really great. There is such a great sense of community and they had fun activities for the kids like arts & crafts and bubbles. Have a look at some of the highlights.

Safiyah, enjoying her first park in the US

They have a petting zoo, the deer were so cute.

This peacock was showing off his beautiful feathers.

Zayneb at the picnic tables

Wide open spaces....

Admiring the lake and some dragonflies.

Mmmm Watermelon

YAY! The ice cream truck! My kids were so excited to encounter this :)


Noms

Enjoying nature, sitting under a tree.

There was a show to showcase the ISCJ Dojo

Did I say the bubbles were for the kids?

Safiyah getting a henna design on her hand.

Isn't it pretty?

There was tug of war and it was a lot of fun!
All in all a great day. I'm glad the kids had fun and got to enjoy a true American experience, Alhamdulillah.

10 comments:

  1. What a fun and happy post! I was smiling throughout :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Masha'Allah! I love the pictures! Jazakallah khair for sharing them :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alhamdulillah, thank you for commenting :)

      Delete
  3. I thought I left a comment the other day?!? Anyway, was just saying I'm glad you all are having so much fun mashaa Allaah :) Looking at these pictures takes me back, I used to love the muslim community picnics! Continue to have oodles of fun for all of us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess it didnt' go through? Alhamdulillah. Yea, it's really a great feeling I don't feel in Hurghada.

      Delete
  4. i love picnics! we go most weekends, warm and cold weather it doesnt matter! picnics in big groups are even better! looks like u had an awesome time mashallah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them too. We're planning a family/friend one on our own inshaAllah. Thanks :)

      Delete
  5. Anonymous12:15 AM

    nice pics

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!