May 27, 2012

USA

Hey everyone, salams from the US of A! We made it here a few days ago and all is well, alhamdulillah.

So a few initial observations after 10 years. I'm surprised at how not weird it feels. It really is home. A lot of stuff is the same, stores and streets etc. I thought it would be way different. Another thing, all the cars are so new and nice. I suppose some live beyond their means to keep up with the Joneses but yea, lots of nice cars everywhere.

The thing that really sticks out and has made me so happy is how friendly everyone is! Americans are so freaking friendly! It's only been a few days but really, I was worried about being back and hijabi nowadays but people are so smiley and polite. I love it!

Sales. OMG. A person could really go crazy here.  The sales and clearance really make you want to buy everything, just on principle. I'm keeping it under control, inshaAllah but I got some great deals already, alhamdulillah.

The kids were oohing and aahing at the houses as we drove around the first day. They are used to buildings so pretty houses with lawns and driveways are wow. Same for how green it is here, mashAllah.  It's really refreshing to see.

Alhamdulillah for everything, I'm really thankful that we were able to come.  Here are some photos so far.


About to take off,  Do you think Zayneb looks scared?

Safiyah in Paris at our stop over.
Waiting for our connection.

The Verrazano Bridge.

Salwa and Safiyah :)

At a food court about to get some....

Cold Stone ice cream. So good!

20 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you all got there safely! You're so right about Americans being friendly, I love going there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Thanks, yea, It's great.

      Delete
  2. I miss home so bad I have not been back in over 4 years and I also wonder if it will feel weird after being in closed Saudi. YES, I never realized how friendly us Americans were until I lived here were the people are so weird and rude lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get to go soon Noor. Yea, I mean if you pass an old man and he gives you a friendly smile here, it's not creepy, lol.

      Delete
  3. Looks like you're having a great time! Enjoy every second!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amalia, I will do my best!

      Delete
  4. I'm very happy for you :)!Enjoy your stay in the U.S.A..Mwah :)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy that you were able to come here with the kids!! Enjoy your stay, looks like you have been so far!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure have. Thank you :)

      Delete
  6. epiiiiiiiiic, I'm really happy that the kids are enjoying it! I'm so excited lol and I'm not even the one on the trip, where are you guys? NY?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Epic is right! NJ ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. alhamdulillah 3ala alsalamah!!!!

    Hope you find mannnny more good deals inshaAllah. I've just been perusing the memorial day sales as well :-P

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG! Fun =))) Hope you guys have an amazing time together! Lotsa pix please ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you made it there safely, Mona! Have a great time inshaa Allaah :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous9:49 PM

    I guess they are friendly in other states but avoid coming to the South, they aren't so friendly here lol.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous4:42 AM

    can I have ice .....cream

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cold Stone? ohhhhhhhhhhh.. you bring back memories. How I miss Cold Stone.. lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous4:01 AM

    I'm so sad to hear your story and how you left this great country, leaving all the freedoms behind following a blind belief to live in a closed country. I'm from Afghanistan and the majority of the Afghan women will gladly trade spots with you to come and live in the US at a chance to enjoy all the freedoms and NEVER have to wear hijab/burqa. It's interesting how people born (I assume you were born in the US) in the free world can easily get brain washed.

    Cheers, Sahar

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!