May 17, 2012

Jumping The Pond

Hey everyone, so I've been a bit busy recently. The kids are finishing up finals and I'm getting ready for my big trip. Yep, inshaAllah the kids and I are going to the US, alhamdulillah.

 I'm really excited and I'm packing and getting stuff ready to leave relatively soon. I plan on posting on our trip, hopefully to keep you guys posted on our goings on and it will be interesting to see how the kids react and how it will feel to be back after 10 years, inshaAllah.

I'm really trying to pack light. Well, as light as possible for 5 people. I'm the type to always over pack so I'm really trying hard to cut down on stuff.  The kids of course want to bring every bear and toy and it's out of control. I had to put a one bear each limit.

People I know here are starting to find out and a few have asked me to bring them stuff from the US and I don't mind since they are friends but I just need it to stick to something easy and not too much. It's a little awkward but most understand.

Mostly I'm excited to see my family and extended family and to show the kids cool, fun stuff there. They're excited to go and to ride the plane. They might get over that after the first few hours though. InshaAllah it will be ok. Please make dua for us :)

14 comments:

  1. Masha'allah, how exciting! Hope you have a GREAT and easy trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I hope so too :)

      Delete
  2. Masha'Allah, how exciting!! That is my first thought too HijabMommy! :o) You will have a blast and so will the children! I pray you have an easy trip. How long will you be in the States? Do you think you could fold me up really tiny and take me back to Egypt with you? :o)
    Salaams,
    Teri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ameen. I'm going for 2 months. Lol, come back with me.

      Delete
  3. How exciting, mashallah!! I always over pack, too...everyone gets mad 'why did she bring all this??!' Inshallah you're all going to have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, it's hard cause I want to bring as little as possible so I have room to bring stuff back! Thanks :)

      Delete
  4. How exciting Mona! Making dua for your safe journey there and back inshaAllah. You guys are going to have so much fun...I can't wait to read all about it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, yea it should be interesting!

      Delete
  5. Wow! How exciting...after 10 years! I'm also getting ready for our trip to Palestine next week. It's so hard to pack. I feel I need to take all my stuff. LOL. I'm probably like your kids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, it's been so long, I bet so much has changed. Oh I hope you have a great trip :)

      Delete
  6. Anonymous11:29 PM

    tero7o wa terga3o bi 1000 salama in cha Allah.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Many duas for you and your family! I just got back from the states about a month ago. It was amazing but too short. Hope you guys have an awesome and memorable time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!