March 8, 2012

DIY Setting Spray

I recently found out you can make your own setting spray, much like MAC's fix plus for very little cash. This can be used as a toner or to set your make up, avoiding the cake-y/powder look as well as a mixing medium to thin foundation or to wet eye shadows.

 It's basically water and glycerine so I decided to make some. I used a small spray bottle that was from some argan oil. It only had a little left in there so I just poured out what was left and put it on my hair ends but didn't rinse the bottle out. The tiny bit of remaining oil doesn't bother me but you can just use an empty spray bottle.

What you'll need:
  • Spray bottle, preferably small
  • Water
  • Glycerin
  • Rose water (optional)
  • Drop of essential oil (optional)




It's 1 part glycerin to 3 parts water.  If you want to use rose water you can do 1 part glycerin, 1 part rose water to 2 parts water. You can also add a drop of essential oil for scent. It's best to make this in a small bottle/batches because it doesn't have preservatives. I've used it several times now and it gives you a nice dewy look.

4 comments:

  1. oh thank u MOna! I was really looking into buying one soon.. I can try this first, and if I'm happy with it, no need to spend heaps of $$$ elsewhere :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, it's definitely worth a try. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How long is it good for? Do u know?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good question. I made a really small bottle of it so it finished quickly. Probably safest to keep it for no more than 6 months.

      Delete

Thanks for commenting!