March 14, 2012

DIY Lip Gloss

I've been wanting to try this for a while and found a pretty simple, quick way to make my own lip gloss. You will need :

Petroleum jelly, Lipstick, small, empty jar, toothpick, metal serving spoon, better yet a ladle.

Break off a peice of the lipstick you want. I chose a brownish red,  and a glob of Vaseline and place it in the spoon/ladle. It would be better to use a ladle but I didn't have a metal one. The ratio of lipstick to Vaseline depends on how sheer you want the gloss. I did about half and half.

Mix it up with a toothpick, it doesn't have to be perfect, just mix it up a bit.

Now hold the ladle/serving spoon over a flame. It can be your stove or a lighter, I used a candle.

Melt it, mixing it well with the toothpick, until it's completely liquid and well mixed.

Carefully, pour it into your little pot and wipe off any that's on the outside or edges. Place it in the fridge for a while to set.

The finished product

I'm happy with the color,  I might make nice light ones for the girls.

It goes on pretty sheer, with a nice tint.
If you try it me know how it goes :)

13 comments:

  1. Really neat! I might try that with my mom's old lipstick or something since I only have one that is almost done and that I like a lot anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, I was going to throw that lipstick out anyway.

      Delete
  2. I love how creative and innovative you are Mona, fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks. Not really.

      Delete
  3. Wow, that is very cool! I should give this a try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Mona, thanks for sharing...will give it a try inshaAllah :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant Mona! Thanks for sharing. That's what's wonderful about you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brilliant? I'll take it.

      Delete
  6. Very Good idea! I am going to try that now ! :D xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vaseline has been one of the leading cosmetics brand in skin care products. It’s a 100% natural product, rich in minerals.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!