February 11, 2012

Hiabs: ORGANIZED!

So a few days ago I was Google-ing hijab organizing and found this video by Sobia of Reveiling Yourself.
I loved her idea of using hangers and shower curtain rings to hold all your scarfs. After my recent attempt/fail at hijab storage, I was eager to put this plan into action. I went and bought the supplies. Pretty cheap too.

Sturdy hangers and shower curtain rings. Each pack of rings has 12 and they're just 3.50LE.

I tried to group them by color as much as possible.

Then I hung them, I used the black space saver thingy just so I can see each row.

I put all my under-scarves/bandanas etc in a basket below them.

And there it is!
I'm really happy with this way. I now have a free drawer too, I definitely need that space. Thanks Sobia, for the idea!

14 comments:

  1. Thats a great idea. I love the spacer idea too. Congrats on organizing. :)

    http://furiouslyfabmuslima.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great idea! especially if you have the closet space.

    ReplyDelete
  3. excellent idea Mona they all look so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  4. UmmSultana, Thanks, yea that helps.

    HijabiMommy, Yea, Thankfully I do. My abayas are hung in my room on hooks/hangers because they're too long for the closet.

    Skye, Thank you, can't take the credit for the idea but thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea! I made need to make one of these myself for my new house :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amalia, thanks, yea, so easy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is actually a pretty good idea. Thanks for sharing =0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shahira Elaiza, You're welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like this idea. Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Leny, Thank you for commenting :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my God, I love this idea! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Londoneya, Isn't it great? I'm finding it easy to put my scarfs back too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this!!! Thanks for the idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Midnightmama, just passing on the info. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!