February 28, 2012

Doll Hair Fix


If you have girls, you probably have dolls. And you know how messed up their hair can get. When new, the dolls' hair is shiny and soft, but pretty soon it's tangled and rough. Well, I once saw a pin on Pinterest about using fabric softener to get doll hair soft again. So I thought, lets try it.

Before:

Ain't nothing magic about Rapunzel's hair here.

We need hair help!

Just comb some fabric softener through their hair...

You can do it like this or use a spray bottle, a little goes a long way.
Detangled and letting it dry.
This doll's hair was even worse.

Should she just be relegated to a pixie cut? ( I think it's cute )

Comb, comb, comb.

Let it dry...
And now it's nice and smooth.

Thanks lady!
Rapunzel's locks are once again shiny and soft.

Niiiice.
Try it on your girls' dolls. I assume if it's done a lot it could get build up but I guess it can be washed.

17 comments:

  1. What a great idea. My daughter has had an Ariel doll for about a week and her poor hair is already looking awful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's handy. Yea their hair gets bad quick.

      Delete
  2. Such a cute and fun post Mona :)!And it could be very useful for someone who collects dolls.
    Kiss,kiss...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jasmina. Well I guess one who collects them probably doesn't let the hair get bad like kids do!

      Delete
    2. Anonymous11:26 AM

      True, but when a collector buys a doll secondhand, the doll has often been played with or mishandled. Tricks like this help us get them pretty again to display them. :)

      Other things you can do would be to wash with a mild soap or shampoo (hand soap, mild dish soap, baby shampoo, etc.) and then work in just about any type of conditioner. Leave the conditioner in for a few hours (overnight on really messed up ones), rinse out, let dry, and tada! Washing is a good thing to do if you do get build up from the fabric softener. You can use kids' detangler, too. Gentle brushing with a hard-bristled brush (metal is best; you can even use a metal dog comb, provided it hasn't been used on a dog xD) starting at the bottom after the hair dries can also help to sort out the hair.

      Delete
  3. Wow, that looks so much better! I'll definitely be trying that one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely a big difference. For now.

      Delete
  4. That is amazing advice. I will be telling my aunt about it b/c her daughters' dolls could def. use the make overs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, I like that, doll make over.

      Delete
  5. This is hilarious! I loved this post! Poor sou sou isn't allowed to have any dolls but I will inform other young mothers about this trick :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can I ask why she's not allowed?

      Delete
  6. Such a delightful post! You are so cute :D. Your kids are really lucky to have you as their mum. This post makes me have a daughter of my own..lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks. Tell them that!

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Glad to be of service.

      Delete
  8. Ahh this is cute my mom still has all my Barbies :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love when I get comments on old posts! I wish I still had my barbies somewhere.

      Delete

Thanks for commenting!