January 13, 2012

Monotony And Such

So my kids are in the middle of mid year exams and it's really quite hellish. They started late December and the last exam is Jan 26. All spread out. And days off in the middle.They just go to the exams. It sucks because you don't feel like it's really days off. You know how school here is intense and you have to study. I really can't wait until it's over and we have a little break. Back to school Feb 11. It's hard to get the kids to buckle down and study when it's over such a long period of time, we're all pretty much over it and counting the days.

I recently had a woman come help me clean. It wasn't the first time, I've tried that a couple of times before but this is the first time I was satisfied. This woman was nice, pleasant (she sang while she cleaned), cleaned things that she saw need cleaning without prompting and did a great job, mashaAllah.  I spent the following couple of days randomly marveling aloud at things that were cleaned. "She cleaned the tops of all the spices!" "She scrubbed behind the sink!" "OMG,  look, behind the fridge!" (Wasn't there a Seinfeld episode like that?) You could tell she really took pride in her work. I'm thinking I can have her come in every week or so to help with the bigger jobs, inshaAllah.

I have a bit of tonsillitis but hopefully I'm nipping it in the bud with antibiotics and will soon be able to swallow food pain free.  Speaking of food, here's what we're having for dinner today.





4 comments:

  1. Wow, exams span out that long over there?

    Can you send your cleaning lady over my way?

    That food looks yum! What is it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, its just cause Zayneb is in 6th grade and that's like a government test since it's finishing grade school here, and they test later. Otherwise it would be over sooner. It's beef with veggies and tomato sauce over rice :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very glad you found a great helper! I recall your past issues. It is a pleasure to meet someone that enjoys their work, what ever it might be. Hope you are also feeling better soon.
    Lizze

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW .. it looks so good!!! you should post the recipe I would love to try it!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!