November 22, 2011

Nostalgic Pins

I have a board on Pinterest called "Nostalgia" I love finding stuff from my childhood that I've totally forgotten about.
Before texting, we passed notes.

I seriously thought I was the only one who did this!

How creepy was the premise to this show??

Remember these books? My sister and brother used to tease me and call me "Goose Off Goose" The goose who always procrastinated.

I loved this show, It's so awesome, I wish it showed here. Something you can watch with your kids.

Remember school lunches?

The best day in Gym class

I always wished she'd see me in her magic mirror, but alas, she never saw a "Mona"

Remember this game? We had a different version where you had to put two peices together then fit them in the thing before it popped!

I loved rollerskating

I had this! My dad got it once when I was like 11, it was awesome.
What childhood stuff do you miss?

9 comments:

  1. Ahhh, thanks for the memories Mona! I loved to roller skate! We went every friday night, it was just what we (my friends and I) did! I miss schoolhouse rock too, I learned alot from those little shows. I miss the way it was, things were so much simpler then.. we actually played outside! I miss watching the 6 million dollar man and the bionic woman! I miss Happy Days too ohhh and Casey Kasem's countdown!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the walk down memory lane, Mona. I love Pinterest for the pics of stuff from back in the day. I've seen so many things/toys on there that I used to have...like the Spirograph drawing set. I want one (for my son, of course!)

    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol so many good memories, remember skip it? That was my favourite thing in the world when I was 7

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to watch Vicky the Robot when I was a kid! and totally did the raindrop thing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Teri, I've only been to a rink a handful of times but it was fun, I had an old school pair that I'd use in the basement and sometimes around outside.

    Miss Hijabi, it was a parachute of wonder.

    Om Kareem, We have one of those, my mom got it recently, it's fun!

    Stacey, I never had a skip it but I remember it well.

    Amalia, I used to imagine little faces on the rain drops. Once we were on a looong drive and there was a piece of rope on the side of the window from stuff we had tied on the roof rack and the end of the frayed rope looked like hair and I'd imagined a whole character for this little rope guy. Lol to be a kid!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww, the Romper Room lady never said Lia either. But I always listened for it!

    Perfection was the most stressful game ever. (No wait, that was Operation.)

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Salam

    Thanks for the memories wish I was a kid again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I started laughing when I saw the colourful parachute in the gym - we used to have that in gym class every week. Seriously, you hit me with a memory I had totally forgotten about! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!