October 21, 2011

Let's Talk About Shoes, Again

I love how high heels look. I love the height they give me. I don't love how they feel. Last week I saw these shoes in a shop and thought, hmm, will I wear these? I kept thinking of them all week and how they match my new bag and how pretty they are. Today, I bought them.  I figured, I'll wear them for sitting only outings.



So I got them home and walked around a bit. Although they are my size, they kind of slipped off my heel a little. The smaller size was too small. I ended up cutting an insole from one of Dawood's sneakers that are too small for him to my shoe and shoving it in there. It made a huge difference but I'm still not going to walk a lot in them.

 Tonight, we went to the promenade. I wore them, loved how they looked, and sat at the cafe, no problem. I even had my flip flops in a bag in my purse just in case.

If you are vertically challenged as am I, do you like to wear heels to add some inches?  I'm 5'2" but today when I was standing in the bathroom mirror I was surprised at how high up in the mirror I was, also when I had to bend down to kiss my friends hello.
 I ended up wearing the flip flops to go to the supermarket after. Nothing worse than someone walking in heels they can't walk in, or are obviously in pain from.  I love my new sitting shoes though.

Now wedges, wedges are my best friend. Most of  my shoes are wedges. They are easy to walk in, make me taller and still look cute. 

I love that it's warm enough during the day here and most of the year to wear sandals/mules.

Don't get me wrong, I love flats too but they need to have some support, not the flat on the floor flats that I see. There are so many cute ones but they are just as uncomfortable to me as heels if there's no arch support. These are the only flats I own right now 'cause I can't find the right ones.

I actually bought these one Eid when I was at the mall, wearing heels and I just couldn't take it anymore. What? I needed black flats anyway.


When comfort is essential, it's either my Aerosoft flipflops or my Adidas Stan Smiths.

I practically lived in these this summer.

With the right casual abaya, I love this look.

What do you prefer? Stilletto heels? Wedges? Flats? Sneakers? Flip Flops? Or a mix?

14 comments:

  1. I'm 5'10" and my husband is 5'7", so it's pretty obvious that I don't wear heels a lot, lol. I own two pair that I absolutely love the look of, but I can only wear them for an hour or so before my toes go numb and I start getting stabbing pains in the balls of my feet. So those are relegated to a few special occasions a year. I have another pair that I don't like as much, so I've only worn them a few times, but the heels are shorter on those so they don't hurt as much. I wear boots in the winter and ballet flats and sandals when it's warm. I do dislike the lack of arch support, but I love the way they look. My casual shoes are my old work shoes, which are actually for nurses -- I worked in a kitchen and they were the only comfortable black shoes I could find that were slip resistant. I don't own any athletic shoes or flip flops.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm 4'10, but I don't wear heels. I'm not really a shoe person. I have been wearing tennis shoes that are open at the back so I can just slip them on. I like easy shoes.

    The shoes are cute!

    Anisah

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love high heels, but I usually wear flats out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Miss Hijabi, good choices.

    Panya, Lol, I'm 5'2" and my husband is 6'4" so I like to get taller whenever possible. Hope the kids get the tall genes.

    Anisah, Thanks, I guess I'd be a show person then. I do like slip on shoes though.

    Hebah, heels are nice, sometimes I think they should be on display. On a shelf or something.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Snap! Mona, it's like I wrote this article :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to wear heels all the time but now I can't; perhaps my feet are more sensitive. But like you I love the way they look.

    ReplyDelete
  7. loooove heels but havent worn heels since i had kids. with toddlers i have to stick to wedges. those are very nice though

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm 5ft 4". I prefer flats because I can't walk in heels at all. Flats are more suitable for my work as well.
    I wish I could wear heels sometimes though as they are really elegant looking. I bought a pair for a wedding a few months back but they hurt my feet so bad.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Washi, lol, awesome.

    Londoneya, It's the look, I wish there was a way to have shoes constructed in a way that looks the same but feels great.

    Lala, I've only recently started wearing high-ish shoes, after kids for a long time I was in flats and sneaks only.

    Amalia, I hate when shoes go to waste like that, I'll wear these just on principal, sitting but still wear them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL @ sitting shoes. That's the only problem with heels. They look great but they are such a pain after standing in them for an hour or so.

    I've always worn heels but this year I've become a bit more practical and actually wear more flats.

    Sigh, I miss the old me sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tahasmum7:27 AM

    Flats for me too... heels don't "go" with toddlers :-D
    But I looooove your pumps...you make me want to go shoe shopping! Maybe I could try wedges?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tahasmum7:27 AM

    Flats for me too... heels don't "go" with toddlers :-D
    But I looooove your pumps...you make me want to go shoe shopping! Maybe I could try wedges?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wear heels sometimes. But I always bring some flip flops in my bag because I can't walk in high heels more than an hour without my feet killing me. lol

    Overall, I prefer flats/sandals.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!