September 20, 2011

Jazz Up Your Ramen

My kids and I love Ramen noodles, or Endomie as it's known here. I thought I'd add a little something to make a sweet and sour dish.


Mmmm.
Slice onions, peppers, and mushrooms. After this photo I prompty dropped and broke that bottle of Sesame Oil. What. A . Mess.

For sweet and sour sauce, 1/4 cup white or rice vinegar, 1/4 Ketchup, 1/4 cup brown sugar (or white sugar with a tbsp of molasses) after it's simmering, whisk in 1/4 cup water that's been mixed with 1 Tbsp Corn starch to thicken.  I doubled the recipe.

Sautee the veggies in sesame or peanut oil, preferably but vegetable or olive will do.

Till they are nice and semi soft.

I baked popcorn chicken on a baking sheet in the oven instead of frying them.

Mix it all together and enjoy!



3 comments:

  1. looks yummy! i tried making spaghetti once out of ramen as a teen though and that put me off ramen adventures :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm yummy mashaa Allaah! Gotsta try it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks so yummy!! :-) I love also noodles, I'll try it inchallah ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!