August 11, 2011

Cinnamon Roll Cake

I saw this recipe on, where else, Pinterest (link). It's a cake that tastes like cinnamon rolls. It was a super easy recipe, whipped it up a little before fitar so it was warm for dessert. It needs to be served warm!































Cake:
3 c. flour
1/4 tsp.salt
1 c. sugar
4 tsp. baking powder
1 1/2 c. milk
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 c. butter, melted

Topping:
1 c. butter, softened
1 c. brown sugar
2 Tbsp. flour
1 Tbsp. cinnamon

Mix everything together except for the butter. Slowly stir in the melted butter and pour into a greased 9x13 pan. For the topping, mix all the ingredients together until well combined. Drop evenly over the batter and swirl with a knife. Bake at 350 for 28-32 minutes.

Glaze:
2 c. powdered sugar
5 Tbsp. milk
1 tsp. vanilla

Drizzle the glaze over the warm cake and serve.

15 comments:

  1. this looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now if only I had a working oven.
    Because that looks so good, and it seems really easy to make.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amalia, it was gone so fast!

    Hebah, it really was quick and easy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ack..now I'm hungry! Thanks Mona for inviting me. :)
    Teri

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :-) Will have to try it inshaa Allaah. Thanks for the invite :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the new look too! Fabulous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmmm.... *mouth drooling*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmm doesn't that look yummy? I just got tuned-in to pinterest from... you. :-) It's fun and kind of addictive, just start clicking and clicking, looking at all the good stuff. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Please remind me to look at your blog AFTER iftar! That cake looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Teri, no problem :)

    Asiya, yallah make it, it's great.

    Teri, thanks!

    TarukandZizosMom, lol:::hands you a tissue:::

    Umm Aaminah, oh yes Pinterest is like a drug. I find myself clicking on it several times a day. I even have the app.

    Smorsy, yea, I do that too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks so good. Reminds me of when I was growing up and my grandma made cinnamon rolls from scratch. So good. I'm gonna try this cake! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I want to jump face first in to this cake!! Yummmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  13. lizze2:33 AM

    that was me by the way..lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh. My. Yum. Gotta try this.

    I miss pinterest! Haven't been on there in forever. I've banned myself from that and foodgawker during Ramadan. I waste too much time. When J starts school, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Om Kareem, Oh it made the yummiest smell in the oven too.

    Lizze, lol! That's one way to put it.

    Amnah, do try it, I know Pinterest is like crack.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!