July 22, 2011

Monk






































I love Monk. I don't love a lot of shows, some are ok, some are eh, but Monk is such a good show. It amazes me how the character of Adrian Monk, who is neurotic, obsessive, pretty selfish and annoying can be so lovable!  Now before I go on, I have to say that here, we're still on the last season and I haven't seen the conclusion so please no one spoil me. I'm excited to watch the finale and see how it ends. I wonder if Mr. Monk will ever get to re-join the police force?  If he gets better?  If he gets over his wife's death? It's heartbreaking when the story line turns to his wife and how it was the case he couldn't solve and how he kind of blames himself.

I like that I can watch the show with my kids around. There's nothing explicit or gory. I love the dynamic between Mr. Monk and Natalie but liked Sharona better. Randy is funny but annoying at times and Captian Stotlemeyer reminds me of  Cheif Quimby from Inspector Gaget but that's neither here nor there.

I only started watching recently on re-runs, but now I know why Tony Shaloub got all those Emmys, year after year. He makes Adrian so believable and hilarious. Aside from being funny, you have the great mystery aspect and it always leaves me guessing. It's always interesting to see how Monk solves the case by noticing little things that most people don't.

So do you like Monk?



18 comments:

  1. I love monk too! One of the greatest tv series to watch. Like yourself, I love his character, how he gets around it, etc etc. I watched the series years ago on cable tv while i was in Turkey, and I completed the series, so I wont ruin it for you. However, I was sad to see it end :) Enjoy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. As you know I really love Monk...on TV and @ home LOL!

    Also didn't watch the finale so can't ruin it for you even if I wanted to! Enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Edibe@edbesigns, I agree, one of the best ever. :)

    Washi, Lol, I'm thinking of watching the rest online cause I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never seen it. I didn't have cable when it started, and then I didn't want to start in the middle. I kept it on my list of 'shows to watch later' because I thought it would be something I would enjoy [I've OCD myself]. But recently Tony Shalhoub was on Craig Ferguson's chat show and he behaved as an unfunny, stuck-up jerk -- he turned me off the show a bit, and now I'm not sure I want to watch it at all. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never seen the series but I do love Tony Shahloub! (sp?) Is it a comedy or drama?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Panya, Hmm, I don't think I've ever seen Tony Shaloub in an interview but now I want to look for that on youtube. Anyway the show's still good.

    Asiya, It's a comedy/mystery. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I couldn't not comment...yes I love Monk! Love love love it. I haven't ever actually seen the final episodes either so I'll have to find those. It's a jungle out there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bri, lol Gotta love Randy Newman. It's a great theme song. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mona, I always get good show ideas from you. (Think "Lost!").

    Panya, I once had a tv show ruined for me by the actor in it. Anyone remember "Northern Exposure"? The awesome, smart, quirky DJ guy?

    I had a huge crush on him. :-)

    Anyway in an interview he said, "I dont' even understand HALF the crap I'm talking about."

    Talk about deflating me. LOL Intelligence is sexy. :-D

    Now I try to stay away from seeing the actors in true light.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Umm Aaminah, I vaguely remember that show but not the character. Yea, I know what you mean though.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i like him too... every time i tell someone i dont shake hands, he'll inevitably compare me to monk lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lala, lol, I do wonder though of people with OCD are offended at all?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mona Z -- The video is here: http://youtu.be/nRBjc4SVMRA

    Umm Aaminah -- I loved that show! I remember staying up late every weekend to watch the reruns with my mom.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Panya, I just watched it, Yea I don't know he seemed kind of awkward or that there was some kind of tension between them.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the show big time. I recently watched the finale and without spoiling my last comment was, is it real we are not gonna watch monk again? the show was great on so many levels.

    I'm thinking of re-watching it again, or at least i know i missed a couple of seasons in between. enjoy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. One of the best shows ever!
    Its so nice to see a tv show which is funny and interesting without all the sex and drugs and etc.

    Gilmore Girls is my second favorite:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ze2red, I just saw that it will be showing here daily in Ramadan.

    UmmAli, I liked Gilmore Girls too but also never saw the conclusion.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ze2red, I just saw that it will be showing here daily in Ramadan.

    UmmAli, I liked Gilmore Girls too but also never saw the conclusion.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!