April 23, 2011

Pancakes and Easter Break

I found my favorite pancake recipe. They came out fluffy and delicious. I add a little vanilla to the recipe. After I made this picture perfect stack for your viewing enjoyment, I couldn't finish half of it.



The kids were happy to have pancakes for breakfast though. We have a week off school for Easter. Well, 6 days. It's great, I can't wait for summer vacation though. It's not long now. Safiyah goes for about a week after break then she's done and the older kids will have about 3 weeks left, inshaAllah.


I'm hoping we can go to the beach this week. Love the beach. It's great having time off school, we watched Tangled and How to Train Your Dragon. Both enjoyable. Mentioning it on my Facebook sparked a little conversation about how it's hard to find kid's movies without a love story these days. Isn't that odd? We've become so accustomed to it.


4 more days of break then back to school. InshaAllah we'll make the most of it.

8 comments:

  1. These look lovely and are very different to an English Pankcakes which I guess looks more like a french crepe. I would love the receipe for these, they look a bit like a Scotch Pancake to me.
    Time at the beach sounds great, it must be so nice living by the sea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look so yummy! I like that the recipe calls for milk instead if buttermilk. J always requests pancakes when I don't have buttermilk. Can't wait to try these.

    ReplyDelete
  3. After my post I noticed the recipe was on here. I ended up making these for breakfast and they were lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ruby Tuesday, glad you made them, I'm gonna add bananas or chocolate chips next time.

    Amnah, yea I always have these ingredients so it's good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh God, they look absolutely delicious. Gorgeous presentation too. Enjoy the weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore pancakes! Now that I've moved to the Northeast, we only eat PURE maple syrup. It costs $15 a quart but daaaang it's good!

    I just got the new Food Network cooking magazine and their cover issue had a version of IHOP's cheesecake pancakes. Sounds too decadent but I would love to try them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So, I don't know if you know this but I LOVE PANCAKES. And, as soon as I saw your post, I knew I HAD to try this recipe. Your picture had me salivating. And like Amnah said above, I was so happy that this recipe didn't require buttermilk, because, really, who has buttermilk on hand all the time?

    I made these this morning for breakfast and LOVED EVERY SINGLE BITE! So soft and fluffy. The only thing I would do different next time {and there definitely will be a next time, Insha'allah!} is not add so much salt. Maybe just 1/2 a teaspoon instead of the 1 teaspoon the recipe calls for.

    Anyways, thanks for posting this recipe! It's a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy holidays Mona =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!