April 7, 2011

Dental Update

Cause it's just so exciting and just a riveting topic, I'm updating you all on my dentist's trip. It really wasn't that bad.

I was  nervous over nothing. At first I was in tears. After the dentist put numbing gel on my gums he was chatting away with E and I happened to look over to see something like this:



I tried to swallow the lump in my throat and hoped the Dr. and hygienist wouldn't notice I was crying. Thankfully they didn't. I had to get a filling first and I had my eyes shut so tight and my hand clenched so hard that it started to hurt. I was causing myself pain, while the procedure wasn't painful at all. I didn't even feel the needle and kept my eyes closed but tried to relax. After my tooth was filled and he went to pull out my wisdom tooth, he said that if I felt any discomfort or wanted to stop at any time to raise my hand. It was over in a minute or two. The tooth looked huge. I had to bite down on some gauze for an hour or so and I'm taking ibuprofen as well as antibiotic, but it's fine. I had no apparent swelling and ate soft foods so far. It still feels weird but I'm so glad I got that over with. I have to go back in a week for another filling but I think it will be no big deal. Thanks for caring you guys!

2 comments:

  1. So happy things went well for you, Alhumdulillah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that's really great that it went well. I don't like visiting the dentist either. Hope the healing is quick :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!