March 7, 2011

Peanut Butter Squares






























This is a recipe I've used a couple of times before, but it's been a while. It's a no bake kinda copy of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. They are really good and really rich. Smaller squares are actually better than how I cut them. This is the recipe but I tweaked it according to the many reviews.  You're gonna want a cold glass of milk.

Ingredients
  • 3/4 cup butter
  • 4 cups confectioners' sugar
  • 2 cups peanut butter (1 jar)
  • 2 cups graham cracker crumbs (Marie biscuits worked great if you're in Egypt)
  • 1/4 cup butter
  • 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips (Or chopped up chocolate, I used dark because that's what I had but I'd recommend milk chocolate for sure)
Directions
  1. Melt 3/4 cup butter or margarine over low heat or in the microwave. Remove from heat and stir in confectioners' sugar, peanut butter and graham cracker crumbs. I used a hand mixer on low. Spread mixture in 9 X 13 pan. A plastic bag over your hand works well for this. Pat down evenly.
  2. To Make Topping: Melt together 1/4 cup butter or margarine with 2 cup chocolate chips. Spread this mixture over peanut butter mixture. Refrigerate 1 hour. Cut into squares.

Keep refrigerated. You can freeze them, wrapped individually as well.

7 comments:

  1. "You got your peanut butter in my chocolate!!!"

    YUMMMMMMM sis, gotta try those! Have you ever tried making buckeyes? Same premise, pb with confectioner's sugar and dipped in melted chocolate. We used to make them for the "holiday" season. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing Mona...I wanna try this iA...when I do, I will email a pic to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmm, this looks so good!!! I'll have to make it while I'm still in my "I like peanut butter" mood.

    Note to self: Send Graham crackers crumbs with craft punches. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Umm Aaminah, Someone compared them to BuckEyes in the reviews and now I know what they are. More work but they're probably look good.

    Washi, great, they come out looking nice without a lot of effort plus no bake.

    Amnah, lol, just make sure you cut them small they are super sweet. Lol, you don't have to send anything, I'd probably never get them! Your a sweetheart for thinking it though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks really sweet!!! Will try to make this over the weekend & post the pixs in my FB, Insha'Allah! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I will have to try this too, it looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow you have me salivating. I wish I could eat these!!! :)

    http://furiouslyfabmuslim.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!