February 16, 2011

Scooby Dooby Doooooo

Scooby Doo was my favorite cartoon as a kid. I loved the spooky stories and the Mystery Inc. gang but Scooby has always been my favorite, of course.

Even though now when I see an episode on Boomerang, it's sooo predictable, it's still fun to watch. I'm pretty sure that Shaggy was a pot head. That's why he was always hungry. Scooby too. "Scooby snacks" were actually filled with hash, I believe. He could swallow a 6 foot hoagie, whole. And he'd do anything for a Scooby snack. I dislike the abomination that is Scrappy Do, however! The other characters were boring. Fred obviously had a thing for Daphne, they always "split up" with each other to solve the mystery. Velma needed a make over episode but she was the smartest one.

Recently we found Kraft Mac n Cheese on sale. It's usually 12le a box and we don't usually buy a lot of expensive imported foods, as much as I miss stuff from the US. Spinney's had them on sale, 2 boxes for 5.99 cause the sell by date was nearing. So we got some, and much to my delight, it was Scooby Doo Mac and Cheese!  

Like, Zoinks!



I love the shapes. We have Scooby of course, Shaggy, a bone, Scoobs' dog tag, The Mystery machine, A groovy flower and spooky eyes.






























But, ruh-roh! After cooking, they're unrecognizable. No one cares that it's artificial, and day glow orange, it's yummy.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I totally saw a van yesterday that was decked out in full mystery mobile regalia. How I wished I had a camera :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry, mystery machine. Bad bad child of the 80s I am!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cool! I used to love getting the alphabet shapes in tomato sauce :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!