February 5, 2011

Lately

I keep thinking I want to post about my feeling on the current situation in Egypt, but I can't seem to wrap my head around it. I can't put it in to words, cohesive ones anyway. I am hoping for a real change in Egypt and that a lot of good will come of all of this. Already people are having a lot more pride in Egypt and in being Egyptian. It's a new found sense of patriotism. This video here is really good.

In an effort to take a break from the news and get our minds and the kids minds off of things, with several days of staying home and no internet, and to lighten the mood, here are some of the things we've been doing.

Salwa's Birthday came and went, we had planned to go bowling but we stayed in and baked a cake for us and friends.


Safiyah building a block house.
Hot cocoa is comfort food, er...drink.


Jenga!

This doll had a bad case of the frizz so I decided to braid all her hair.

I sealed the ends off with a lighter and she's looking cute.

When E got back from his trip and we were assured that it was fine, we went out to eat. I thought this photo was appropriate.


We even got a new little friend.

12 comments:

  1. Salaam sis. Masha'Allah how your children are growing!!! My boys are so huge now, it makes me want to cry, remembering them as helpless little babies.

    Oh and I totally love Barbie's dreads. LOL How can you braid so little??? Ma salaama...

    ReplyDelete
  2. As salaamu alaykum, I feel you on this one. We've been trying to take our minds off it as well. Looks like you guys have been having loads of fun mashaa Allaah :) Cake looks scrumptious *drool* LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Umm Aaminah, Yea, subhanAllah, the braiding was easy.

    Asiya, Thanks, :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love what you did with the dolls hair!

    It must be hard trying to entertain 4 kids! I am bored myself so I can imagine you have to be on your toes to keep them occupied!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amalia, thanks :) Yea school starts again on Saturday for us so they are actually looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did not get time to comment on this at the time, but thank you so much, it really put a smile on my face at a time when I really needed it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We have three turtles, love them!

    looks like you guys stayed busy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's Me, aw, thanks. I'm glad.

    Khadra, aw, they are super cute. Yea, thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous11:44 PM

    Why are there marshmallows in your hot cocoa? That is haram. Marshmallows are made with pig byproducts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anon, are you kidding me? Not all marshmallows are created equal. There is such a thing as Halal marshmallows. You know, made with beef gelatin. It's very rare that anything with pork is sold here. We have Halal gummy candies, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad to see that you guys kept busy, and are all safe. The cake looks delicious. Would you be willing to 'lend' me the recipe? lol If so, please email it to me jasmine.hage@hotmail.com.
    Salam

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jazzy,Thanks:) I'll email you but it's a really easy recipe...Betty Crocker. She's a good friend. If you're not familiar it's a box mix. The frosting is a made up concoction of whipped cream, cocoa,and, powdered sugar.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!