January 7, 2011

Coming Up Roses

I had this long piece of ribbon that was just lying around, from a gift, so I thought I'd make another rose pin. I made this black one a while back and thought a cream colored one would be cute too.




I've since made a bigger black one. It was wrapped pretty tightly and only needed a few stitches at the end to hold it together.
This time, I had less ribbon so I wrapped it looser and used a glue gun along the way, an idea I got from this tutorial.

I love making stuff. I wish there was a craft store here!

10 comments:

  1. Wow, those are gorgeous!!! I'm going to have to try my hand at these. Now, how would you wear these? On your hijab? {Sorry for the stupid question!}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salaam sis. Masha'Allah those are sooo pretty! I love seeing the crafts other people make.

    Ma salaama....

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so creative mashaAllah! I LOVE craft stores.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HijabiMommy, Thanks, Do try, it's fun. I pin them on my chest like a broach.

    Umm Aamina, Alaikum alsalam, thanks! :)

    Londoneya, Thanks, do you know if there's any craft stores in Cairo?

    ReplyDelete
  5. masha allah! how beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Muslim Mama, Thanks!

    Missy, Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are extremely pretty!
    Youre so creative, mashAllah! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mashallah, these came out beautiful. I've made rolled fabric flowers, but these look just like roses. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Smiley, thank you! I need more resources but I'm finding some recycled materials craft blogs.

    Amnah, you mean like the lace one on my sidebar? I'd love to know how exactly to make them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!