November 7, 2010

Weekly WW #6

This week, I lost ... well, I'm not sure. I'm pretty sure something's wrong with my scale. It said I lost 10 lbs and while I was happy, I knew something was wrong because then I'd step on again and it would go up or down a kilo or two. So I went out to get a new battery. No good. I put the new battery in but it started weighing before I even stood on it. There's definitely something wrong. I'm just going to keep going and get a new scale when I find a good one.

I'm not the kind of person who can just go by how I look or how my clothes fit. I can't see it on myself and I need to weigh in to check my progress.

 I had challenged myself to not weigh at all since last Sunday. It had gotten out of hand, weighing myself several times a day. So I said this week, no weighing till Sunday, which is my weigh in day.

 I upped my walking to 5 kilos which is a little over 3 miles and it takes about an hour. There's one big hill that's a killer but it feels good after I'm done, like a real accomplishment. For me, walking is the best, It's low impact and I can do it.

The best thing is, 95% of the time I feel like I'm eating well. I eat foods I like and I'm trying new things.

This was my breakfast yesterday. It was an egg white, with a thin slice of cheddar, some lettuce, and tomato on toasted rye bread. I loved it. It's 4 points.




The avocado dip from breakfast this week made me want to make some. I made this guacamole, mild because that's how I like it. It's 1 ripe avocado, 2 small tomatoes, diced, 1 small bell pepper, diced, half a small onion cause I'm not crazy about raw onion, but it was good in this. Also, I mixed in 1 light yogurt, the juice of 1 medium lime, salt and pepper to taste. I had 1/4 of the mixture with toasted pita wedges for a 4 point snack.


















I don't have a total weight loss as of now until I get my  new scale. If anyone has any tasty, light meals or snacks to recommended, I'd love them. Onward!

11 comments:

  1. GOOOOOOOO MONAAAAAA! That is such a HUUUUUGE accomplishment! Mashaa Allaah, I'm really proud of you. This post put a big smile on my face. You go girl :), you are an inspiration to mommies everywhere, muaaah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sandwich looks slammin', by the way, lol! Thick tomato slices are just how I like 'em too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Asiya, Oops! I forgot to re-edit the end of the post with the total. I wrote that in my excitement when I actually believed the wonky scale. I hope by next week I'll have a new scale or sooner before Eid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wooh! Congrats :)

    You know? I haven't weighed myself in 2 years. When i go to the doctor's office, I ask them to not tell me my weight.

    I am too attached to numbers, I'm happier just fitting in my clothes.

    Cheers!

    Dip idea is awesome! I don't like avocados that much, but will be trying your mild guac.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Essalam Alaikum, Masha'allah looks so yummy! I love love love avocados!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Mona, no biggie, you still got it goin' on girl :) lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sister,

    Can you please share with the websites you are using to get how many points each food should have.
    Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Organica, that's awesome, healthier I'm sure. I'm going to try to make babaganoush soon, you inspired me.

    Jennifer, Aliakum alsalam, Thanks. I like them but I'm not crazy about them.

    Asiya, Heh, thanks.

    Susu, Onemorepound.com tells you your point allowance or how many points you should have a day and has a calculator that tells you how many points a food is depending on the calories,fat and fiber content. I also use this site http://www.buzzle.com/articles/weight-watchers-points-list.html for a big list of food and point values. Hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous5:10 AM

    Mona, I am loving these pics... great job! so inspiring!
    I love avocados too! I like to slice them and keep in a small container in the fridge and will add 1 slice to low fat wheat veggie turkey sandwich to give it some richness...love it. That egg sandwich looks amazing too...

    I will try to post again with some ideas. isa.

    love eman

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mashaa Allah! Mona i love your blog, my husband is egyptian and ishaallah we will be moving to egypt soon so its very nice to get some insight from someones who's already there.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Eman, That sounds good, thanks.

    Maiya.Sabra, thanks, when do you plan to move here?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!