October 17, 2010

Weekly WW #3


























Another week, come and gone and I'm super happy today. I thought I hadn't lost anything this week because last night my weight was just .1 of a kilo less than last Sunday's weight. However, this afternoon I weighed and I and lost a kilo, 2.2 lbs. :) I'm glad, but I was OK with a week of not loosing. The important thing to me is that I stick to it. That I keep on keeping on. So the lost kilo is a happy surprise.

The above photo was my dinner yesterday, garlic green beans & almonds. This was really delicious. It was flavorful and filling. I used this recipe and added the sliced/toasted almonds. The recipe is 1 weight watcher's point and with the almonds that makes it a 3 point meal.


I'm really excited when I find a recipe that both tastes good and doesn't have too many points. Then I can eat a lot of it without guilt.

Last night I had 14 points left at the end of the day and was craving something sweet. I sliced a banana, smeared a Tbsp of peanut butter on them, then chopped a bit of baking chocolate over it and nuked it for 20 seconds. It was decadent. The banana was 2 points and the PB 2 and the chocolate 4.  That's the beauty of this program. You can eat what you want if you can afford the points.

This morning I made Cinnamon Oatmeal with honey, the kids loved it and it filled me up until the afternoon.

So that brings my total loss in 3 weeks to 4 kilos or 8.8 pounds! I just squealed when I converted that on my phone. Somehow the kilos don't resonate with me. InshaAllah I'll stick to this and be a healthier, lighter me.

11 comments:

  1. Good for you! I fell off the WW wagon last week, but I'm getting back on it. I feel much better when I count...make better choices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just another fortnight and you'll probably be at a stone loss!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Abu Dhabi/UAE Daily Photo, thanks, I do to, nothing worse than that bad feeling when you've eaten too much.

    Jaz,I hope so. For those who don't know, a fortnight is 2 weeks and I think a stone is almost 14lbs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Salaam sis. Masha'Allah that's impressive! Your recipe for green beans looks awesome. I'm gonna try it. Did you use fresh, frozen, or canned? Just curious.

    My sis makes some with olive oil instead of the (southern) requisite pork fat so I can eat them. They are always great and it makes them more filling and gives you great heart-healthy fat.

    Keep up the good work sis, you are inspiring me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Umm Aaminah, I used fresh, it was much better than the frozen I get. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I should definitely introduce this idea with my mom. Is this a program?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm gonna get back on the WW wagon inshallah sis. You've been an inspiration and you're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfectly Imperfect, Yes, it's called Weight Watchers. I'm following it on my own but people can join it online or meetings in the US and UK and I'm sure other places.

    Stephanie, Thanks!I hope I can stay on.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic! I need to take a leaf out of your book quite soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mabrouk =) Losing weight isn't easy for me. But Ramadan kinda did the trick hehe.

    It's exam time at the moment and all I keep reaching out for is chocolates.. especially ones with almonds....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Shahirah Elaiza, Thanks. OH my husband bought this Lindt on with Cherry and Almond, it's to die for. I had one square!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!