October 10, 2010

Weekly WW #2

So another week's gone by and I lost a kilo exactly. 2.2 lbs. I'm happy with that. I hope it just sticks to a steady loss. This week, I feel like I was better in some things and worse in other ways. Like on Thursday we were invited to a birthday party and I skipped dinner to have a piece of cake. I also used about a quarter of my points today to have a couple of THESE that I made for the kids today. It's Safiyah's 6th birthday and she requested the chocolate-chocolate chip cookies. They are so good, I'm telling you, just THE best double chocolate chip cookies.

The kids had a couple of days off school this week for a national holiday (Oct6, war holiday) and I didn't go walking on those days but the last time we walked longer, We're doing an hour instead of 40 minutes now and I just love it. I feel good.  I'm drinking a lot more water. I put some lemon in it to keep it interesting sometimes.

For breakfast I usually have a bowl of corn flakes mixed with fiber cereal, musli and skim milk, sometimes a sliced banana in there too.  Later I'll have a light yogurt or fruit. I start off my dinner with a big salad. I'll put lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, green and yellow peppers, mushrooms and shredded carrot. For dressing a Tbsp of Olive oil and lemon, salt and pepper. It tastes good and fills you up so you don't want to eat as much. I'll usually have a small portion of chicken or meat and veggies. If I have macaroni for the kids, I'll add a little bit to my salad.  Roasted cauliflower with garlic prooved to be delicious. Also a good snack is air popped popcorn. 3 cups is just one point and it satisfies that crunchy craving and fills you up. I make it over the stove, in a pot old school style and add some salt. Good stuff.

So that makes my 2 week loss 6.6 lbs or 3 kilos. I'll take it. I'm really looking forward to seeing and feeling a real difference in my clothes etc. InshaAllah.

6 comments:

  1. Mabrook for the weight loss i wish i had better determination b'coz as soon as i see womething i like i will eat it :D

    Masha'allah keep it going though

    Mona :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a lot in 2 weeks. Congratulations and good luck for the rest of the way isa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. salams sis. Mabrook! thats soo go0d Masha'Allah.

    Im also on a weight loss journey.. check out my blog Insha'allah

    www.twentytwodiet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mona, Thanks. It's not so easy but I'm trying.

    Jaz, thank you.:)

    Slave2Allah, thanks...following.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mona, Thanks. It's not so easy but I'm trying.

    Jaz, thank you.:)

    Slave2Allah, thanks...following.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mashallah! That is an amazing accomplishment. I am struggling with weight loss, so this is really an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!