October 3, 2010

Weekly WW #1

It's been one week on Weight Watchers and I feel good about eating better. I lost 2 kilos (4.4 lbs). I was kinda hoping for more the first week but I'm not complaining. I survived my first eating out on WW today, we were at the mall and I opted for seafood, soup and grilled salmon. I have to admit, while my kids' fries and Chinese smells wafted my way I was feeling the crave but I knew that once I got my food and ate, I'd be fine. I was completely satisfied actually, without that stuffed feeling, it was delicious. I don't know how many points these were but it's all I had all day except for a small bowl of corn flakes with skim. I usually prefer 4-5 small meals/snacks throughout the day but this was an exception. I was grocery shopping afterwards so it was a good thing we had dinner first. Shopping on an empty stomach is a recipe for disaster. I'm happy to say I bought lots of fruit and veg with meals in mind.

I kind of feel bad about not baking goodies for my kids lately. I think I will make some cookies this week and send a bunch to neighbors so there isn't a whole lot in the house. I like that Food.com (previously recipezaar) has nutritional info on all the recipes so you can figure out how many points a couple of cookies will be. The beauty of the points system is that it teaches you portion control. You can have whatever you want but in moderation. Here goes another week, inshaAllah.

7 comments:

  1. i think you'll start seeing more results in the weeks to come it's only been the first week. could you please check out my blog and follow it please i ain't got a lot of post but i will post some more once i get more followers btw i love your blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salaam sis. You know, that's a great first week. You lose one pound of fat for every 3500 calories you burn or cut back. So when you do the math, to lose 4 lbs means you've cut back 14,000 cal a week or 2000 calories a DAY! So really that's huge. (Either cut back or burnt more or, best, a combination of both.)

    Insha'allah your progress will motivate you to do more but don't eat so little too often; you'll sabotage your efforts in a huge binge eating frenzy., :-)

    Ma salaama.,.,.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mona, hey, great name! ;) Sure, checking it out now, thanks.

    Umm Aaminah, That's a great way to look at it, I definitely cut back a lot. Before I used to just eat whatever whenever I wanted. Alhamdulillah I don't feel that deprived though. Thanks for the info and support :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Mona! Getting that excess mommy weight off and getting back into good fitness is a true challenge for many of us (including me, lol!) Glad u found something that's working mashaa Allaah. I'm so happy for you mashaa Allaah!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! Great job Mona MSA.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Asiya, thanks. It's been a very long time since I've felt like me, physically but I hope to stick to this inshaAllah.

    Jessyz, thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The WW points sounds like a really interesting way to diet. I am trying to see with my husband if it might be something good for him. He has lost almost 30 pounds so far just from his new job and being on his feet a lot but he needs more boundaries because his eating sometimes stalls the progress!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!