July 27, 2010

Random Update



This week has felt so long. We just got back from visiting my dad in Alex, and my brother was here for a few days. It was great to see him and spend some quality time together.

We went swimming and it was so much fun. I love being in the water and could stay all day long. It's a feeling like no other. Of course the kids had a blast and showed E their swimming skills.

My awesome brother, Omar brought me some wonderful goodies from the US like magazines, candy and other cool stuff. Thanks again, O.

I did a bit o' shopping in Alex and Cairo as well. No luck finding any casual abayas I liked, but I got a couple of new scarves, a pair of shoes and some hijab pins. I can't have too many hijab pins. Oh and I also found the black rose ring I was looking for at Claire's. I love it so.




Ramadan is coming soon so we're looking forward to that, inshaAllah. We still have to do the summer homework the school assigned the kids. Bummer right? How annoying. Even Safiyah in KG has HW. InshaAllah it will be good to get that out of the way before Ramadan starts.

7 comments:

  1. A'salaamu alaikum. I love seeing pictures of your family, sis. They always look so happy masha'Allah. :-)

    Nice of your brother to bring you goodies.

    Ma salaama...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you all got some QT together. Yes, I agree-you can never have enough pins!

    ReplyDelete
  3. masha'allah i think its really awesome that your children can go out together and like "be together" my sisters have this whole little "I will not go out in public with my family" phase I went through it as well actually.. But then you realize quite frankly nobody cares if your out with your family or not. Hehe Insha'Allah you benefit from their togetherness while you can if they so happen to go through that "your embarassing me" phase.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Umm Aaminah, thanks, alhamdulillah.

    Umm Omar, yea, I love finding new looking ones!

    Perfectly.imperfect, Thankfully we haven't reached that stage yet but Its not as prevalent here, I believe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY, for goodies. As for school summer work, well at least your kids get to stay home in Ramdan. I can't imagine how my girls will be able to do it while in shcool and fasting for 13+ hours? :(
    We are supper excited though for Ramadan.
    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  6. Homework during Summer? That's no fun but glad they are enjoying the rest of the Summer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dr. N, That's true, alhamdulillah.

    My Getaway, yea we'll be glad when it's done.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!