April 23, 2010

My Calling


I've become a geek. For real. I'm an html addict. I can't stop. And I love it. I had a lot of fun re-doing this blog template and the Swell Blog Design one. I take great pleasure in making the headers and tweaking the widths, playing with custom fonts and editing it all pixel by pixel. It feels so great when it all comes together and you see it, finished. But there's always something, just a little something I'd like to add or fix or whatever. I can spend hours and hours doing this. I swear I dream about it after.

Anyone else enjoy it as much? I really feel like I've found what I love and I really wish I could get good enough to do it for a living. Design complete templates and make custom layouts. It would be great for a stay at home mom.

For now I'm enjoying learning new ways to get my blogs looking just the way I like and helping out friends with theirs. That's an offer! See how pathetic? I'm trolling for blogs to edit!

15 comments:

  1. There's nothing better than discovering what you really like :)!Keep up the good work and you'll see you'll end up doing it for work.Welcome new WEB DESIGNER :)!
    Kiss,kiss...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mona-I feel like we're so alike in so many ways. I didn't get into html, but I did get into making movies/videos/dvd/slideshows and I felt the same way when I discovered how passionate I was about it, even though I was such an amateur! Your blog is looking very nice, btw! Keep goin'!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jasmina, thanks! I wish.

    Umm Omar, Yay, sister-friend! I made a few slide shows for family and it was kind of fun. A little frustrating trying to syncronize the music to the pictures but great when its all done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really appreciate you starting Swell Blog Design =) I've referred my friends who are new in the blogging world to your site.

    Ooh and thanks for the sweet comments you leave on my blog. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shahirah Elaiza, Thanks for telling your friends! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. No one should ever be embarrassed of their true passion, of what makes them happy and heck, if they are good at it, even better. This is what makes us all unique and able to contribute to the universe in their own way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eman,I agree. Not embarrassed but yea It's a great feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I wanted to ask you something as well. If you go to my blog, you'll see that my header image isn't quite in the centre. Would you know how to fix it? Shukran =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shahira, No problem, I can take a look just email or IM me your blogger log in info. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I did my blog template myself, although leelou blogs gave me a headstart - but after a while, I was going double blind - hence havent changed blog skin for a while now... Great that you have found your calling - I think my calling is just to be just ultra lazy... if there is such a calling. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stylomom, It looks great. Lol, I'm fond of that calling a lot of the time!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How great you found something you love! Keep learning and doing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Candice, thanks. Will do!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mona, I know exactly how you feel! I love working with HTML too, and I've thought about trying to get into that as a career, but I also feel like there's so much to learn, it's overwhelming. I can definitely sit and work with it for hours and hours and even dream about it.

    There's something about typing code into an editor to create a beautiful design that is just so fascinating to me. It's like solving a puzzle.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Designerd, Thats excactly how I feel! It's kinda magical. And later I dream about pixels and color codes. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!