April 10, 2010

Help Me Out Here?

What is this?




This. What the hell is this?

It was on an elastic cord sewn into the pocket of Dawood's new board shorts. He showed it to me after our day at the waterpark after finding it in there, of course I promptly removed it, it's quite sharp! What is it? It's been driving me crazy so I thought I'd put it out to the internet.

Is it an emergency shark attack defense weapon? A bottle opener? I tried Google, thinking I'd see it as some kind of weird surf short feature, but the company's website is in a foreign language and doesn't have anything about this thing.

What do you think it is?

10 comments:

  1. It is not often I am left without a thought. However, this might be one of those times. When I first saw it I thought it was weird. The story behind it makes it even more baffling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A friend on my facebook said it might be to cut the leash on a surf board if you need to free yourself from it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i dont know what it is...but i bet it will help with sandcastle designs :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. its for your surfboard

    ReplyDelete
  5. Angie Nader, lol yea, nice lines.

    Ange, to do what with?

    ReplyDelete
  6. no its not for cutting cords or leashes. its plastic - it wouldnt cut shit.
    its for waxing your surfboard.
    the aussie guys use them all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. http://www.girls-who-surf.com/wax-your-surfboard.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! Mystery solved. Ange's the winner! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My boyfriend pulled one of these out of his new swim trunks the other day and I asked him what it was - Ange was right, surfboard wax. His is a bottle opener too. The first thing I thought was "Mona's blog!" Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hee! Tracy! I think this one was a bottle opener too. I threw it out though for lack of a surfboard.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!