February 23, 2010

Dream Park


So I thought this day of our trip deserved it's own post. A sort of review of sorts as well.

Dream Park is the only real theme/amusement park in Egypt. It's comparable to Six Flags in size and layout. Keeping in mind I haven't been to Six Flags since the early 90's . There's a nice mix of kiddy rides and older kids/grown up rides as well.



The down side is they need more people in charge around to keep littering in check and to stop line cutters. A lot of people brought food with them and made picnics and left trash everywhere. Mobs of teens cut in lines completely ignoring everyone. No one did anything. That kind of behavior got you kicked out of Great Adventure but since there was no consequence, they didn't care. Also, promptly at 7 pm, closing time, they shut off all the lights. I guess that's the only way to get people to leave? It did annoy, but we didn't let it ruin our day. I think I'll email them. Their website is a navigation nightmare too.

Inside the fountain were soda cans and other trash.

The first thing we did was ride the water ride. We got soaked. I wish we took more pics but we were busy having too much fun.









All in all, it was a really great day. I really felt like I had the most fun out of us all. I really had a blast. It's been a long time since I felt so young and alive!

5 comments:

  1. I also LOVE theme parks and as you did, I get too excited more than my kids.
    Glad you guys had fun. Don't forget to post pics about the shopping that you had ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like you had a great time hun, i wish they had like a adult theme park

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't been to Dream Park for years! It is so much fun :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dr N, Thanks and done!

    Skye, yea alhamdulillah. There were lots of grown up rides so it was great!

    Amalia, Yea I'd try to go when schools in so it will be less crowded. Kinda hard for a teacher though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so cute that you had fun!I think dream parks were really popular in the 90's,so when we were teenagers.Oh I get a little bit nostalgic :)!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!