February 13, 2010

Chocolate X2




Today, I baked this delicious Black Magic Cake! I got the recipe from Jujey's cooking blog, and it came out really good. We'd baked it together last week at her house, and I loved it so much. I used the highly recommended Kittencal's chocolate butter cream frosting recipe and I'll never use another. It came out so nice and made actually frosting the cake easy. Tasted amazing on the rich chocolate cake! I used whipped cream in the middle some white chocolate Toblerone shavings to decorate.

Dawood compared it to a giant Oreo. It kind of reminded me of a hostess cupcake , in fact next time I should do a white swirly design on top. Alhamdulillah, everyone liked it but we all agreed to top it with less frosting because it was kinda thick. Next time you have an occasion or any day, think of this cake/frosting combo, it's great!

10 comments:

  1. wow wii! I have a slice to please :-)xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooo yum,,,i just may have to make this

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks sooo good! I thought of a giant oreo, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job...you put that toblerone bar to good use...nice idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Things that make you go HMMMM!" :-) That looks super yummy; have been looking for a good chocolate frosting recipe. Can you tell me, is this like a milk chocolate frosting or a deeper flavor sis?

    Jazakallahu khair...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Everyone. I wish I could share. Umm Aminah, the great thing about this recipe is that she gives diff amounts of cocoa for different degrees of chocolatey-ness. 1/3 cup for milk chocolate flavor, 1/2 cup for medium and 3/4 for dark chocolate. It's a must try. I made it today for guests again using milk not cream and it still came out great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A giant oreo-I like that! Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. your killing me.. *drools*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Umm Omar, thanks!

    Texan in UAE, heh, sorry.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!