December 31, 2009

Banana Cake

This is the best banana cake recipe.

If you have over ripe bananas that no one wants to eat. (picky kids) this cake is a great idea.

I thought I'd use the silicone bundt pan my mom got me and it worked out ok.

See the bananas aren't gross inside, but soft and easy to mix into the cake batter.

The kids had he small cakes this morning.

I made a simple glaze with confectioners sugar and milk to drizzle on top and put some crushed walnuts too.

Always let cakes cool completely before turning out. I didn't wait long enough and it cracked but it's alright. I had a few neighbors' plates to return so it's all gone now.

11 comments:

  1. Looks sooooo good, my youngest daugter Sarah loves bananas I must try this one, for your glaze you just use milk and sugar? do you beat it or hand mix do you need to chill it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow looks great

    ReplyDelete
  3. April, It's great. Yea one cup confectioners sugar or powdered sugar as some call it, sift it so theres no lumps and add a little bit of milk at a time so it doesn't get too runny. I just mix with a whisk. You want it to be the consistency of honey. No chilling but only glaze/ice when the cake is cool. :)

    Jaz , thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummmeeeeeee!
    I love banana and date cake - although I think family members are getting a bit sick of it.

    Mona, teach me how to make the aubergine dish, you know...mesa3a?!?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks yummy! I used to make banana bread but never tried a banana cake.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cookability, You know I'm not great at a lot of Egyptian dishes but I know it's fried eggplant and green peppers in a sauce. Google it, I'm not sure how to spell it though. Maybe type in Egyptian eggplant dish?

    Hijabee, Thanks. I want to try bread some time but I screw up anything with yeast involved.

    Khadra, it really was!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh no,don't make me think of a banana cake :)!About a year ago I made one myself and it turned ot so bad.Hmm...maybe you've just inspired me to make another one ;)!Yours sure looks delicious!
    And you know what my dear honeybee...I want to wish you all the best in the year 2010,to you and your family.Mwah,mwah for a fantastic year :)!

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks for the recipe...
    bananas are an essential in our home!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jasmina, Thanks Chickadee.

    Angie Nader, Same here. We have some monkeys ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Made the cake this evening...HUGE HIT with the family....thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!