October 4, 2009

Random Ramblings

I was informed today by a certain someone that I've been slacking on my blog. This is true. There just hasn't been anything going on lately. So I thought I'd just write a rambling post.

Tonight we went to dinner at a seafood place, and it was pretty good. That's saying a lot cause I'm not a big seafood person but they have this amazing soup. The place is called Star Fish if anyone's curious. Then we went to get some groceries and after we loaded up the car and we were driving back, I happened to look at the receipt and noticed that instead of charging us for 2 Danette pudding cups, they charged us for 23! So we turned around and went back to get a refund of nearly 40LE. I usually just throw the receipt out, so, subhanAllah I'm glad I looked at it when I did.

The kids start school tomorrow and it's a relief. Not because I want to be rid of them really, just because this summer was so long what with Ramadan and the delays. It will be good to get back into a routine. Safiyah who's in KG1 starts on Saturday. I heard a rumor that KG was going to be half day this year. ALL YEAR. 3 hours at school instead of 5. I used to be able to go out to coffee with a friend or breakfast with E and have till 1:30 before Safy gets home but if this is true, it will cut that time short. I was planning on starting a gym membership while they are at school so I hope they have early classes at the gym, inshaAllah.

The school has asked for everyone to bring their own antibacterial gel and wipes and paper towels etc. They'll get the full list tomorrow so we'll need to get all that x 4. The kids are excited to go back to school, it reminds me of the new school year and how exiting it was. The prospect of a fresh, new year.

I have to go iron their uniforms and get to bed. Later!

13 comments:

  1. I love rambling posts!

    That's quite a mistake! Glad you got the money back.

    Are there many actual swine flu cases in Egypt or is this all a big overreaction?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Umm Omar, yea there's 1000 or so reported cases I hear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Salaam sis
    i loved your random ramble..Thats great the kids are going back its good they enjoy school..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Skye, Thanks. They're excited to see their friends and it will wear off, but it's good while it lasts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love anything you write Mona !! I have my routine back for almost three weeks now. I only have my little one who will start Pre-K on Thursday. I can't wait to be free for few hours to go out for a coffee or breakfast. I also plan to join the gym. Enjoy !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nalbanna, Yea it's good to have some time to ourselves. :) Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i use to check every single receipt. i mean, i used to. living in taiwan without speaking mandarin changed that. i have no idea what i'm being charged of.

    good luck on your gym appointment!

    leandra

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous9:14 AM

    BLOG SLACKERRRRRRR!!

    heheheheheh

    xoxo
    jujey

    ReplyDelete
  9. Leandra, I can imagine! I guess you just hope its all right.

    Jujey, Where's your blog?! :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mmmmmm me loves sea food ... LOL .... we always make it a point to check the receipt ....

    The schools are starting on Oct. 10 for older children and Oct. 17 for younger ones here ...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous2:08 PM

    Assalamualaikum, I am leaving to go back to Tunisia after a short 4 month stay here in the US.And daycare for my little 3 year old who turns 4 in november is available to us.Notice that i said November is her birthday .That means she couldn't start until she is two months away to her 6TH b-day.In the place that i happen to be here has a waiting list for pre-k and it is a half day and to top it off you have to pay for it.As i am packing my bags i am dreaming about a good book and my favorite cafe.I need a break!!!!! Oh,my little one has even learned to like Harissa.After i decided i did'nt want to make lunch everyday.Anything i can do to make life more stress free and happier will only make my little family happier.Right? Mona,do you send your little ones off with lunch or do they eat at school.And is there siesta for the school children there? I hope you get your much deserved break too.InshaAllah. UmAsiya

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous2:28 PM

    Blog is coming soon..........hahhahah

    i think.

    but still u are a slacker, no matter what...hehehe

    xoxo
    jujey

    p.s. come up with a good name for my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Um Asiya,:), I send sandwiches with them, no there's no siesta :).

    Jujey, I told you my suggestion!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!