October 8, 2009

It's Funny, Now.

So the weather has been nice lately, cool breeze and we haven't turned the AC on in a week, so we have the windows open all the time. We should get screens put in! I think the entire building got an earful yesterday. Let me paint the scene.

Salwa was in the bathroom washing her hands, and about to go out when I hear a high pitch, blood curdling scream. She's freaking out and jumping and pointing at something and I can't understand what she's saying because she's cry-screaming. OK, so I figure out that there's a spider by the bathroom door and she wont run past it so she's backed up against the back wall of the bathroom standing on the edge of the shower, still screaming and pointing. I try to get her to stop screaming and tell me where it is because I can't see it and well, to be honest I was scared too. I am a huge arachnophobe. So I go and get the bug spray, I find some mosquito stuff but it's empty. By now, the other two girls are standing on chairs in the living room. I find a roach and ant spray and I spray it in the direction of the bathroom door. The spider moves and all three girls scream like banshees. A fly goes by Salwa and she jumps and screams even louder. Dawood is laughing his butt off. I'm like "everybody QUIET!!" I try to spray it again and the spider runs behind the laundry basket. So I gather my courage and run past it and get Salwa out of the bathroom and to safety. She's all tears and snot saying "IT WAS RIGHT NEXT TO MEEEE!!!"

We lost him by then and they all said they were never going in the bathroom again. Salwa suggested we close the bathroom door to trap him, haha, I asked her, "should we lock it?" When E came home he found the spider curled up and dead by the bathroom. He picked it up with a tissue and showed it to them so they would know it was really gone. They stood 5 feet away going, "OK OK"! It was no bigger than a nickle but it was a fat one. UGH ::::shudder:::

11 comments:

  1. lol...hilarious. poor Salwa. I am terrified of spiders, too. In my old house, I used to find ginormous ones in my basement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't mind them, but when hubby said something about them crawling into my ears I felt kind of freaked out.

    Poor girl, she is probably traumatized...sounds like it was huge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. to funny! i'm the same way...anything that crawls freaks me out

    ReplyDelete
  4. Umm Omar, Ugh, I'd really never go down there.

    Salma, eek, I heard something about people swallowing an average of 2 spiders a year in their sleep! I don't know how they came up with that. I mean why spiders? How many other insects are we eating in slumber??

    Angie Nader, yea they're home invaders!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What would you say if I told you that I found a snake on my terrace few days ago? it was tiny though bu t scared the heck out of me.
    I also used to find huge, fat,extra large spiders when I first moved to my house but alhamdulellah haven't seen them in a while. I became so courageous and kill them all by my self...lol
    Sorry for Salwa, bless her heart :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nalbanna, did the kids see it? For some reason a small snake wouldn't bother me as much, I've held one before. It's the 8 legged guys that freak me out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We got rid of it before they were home. I hate any insect no matter how many legs, of course the more legs it got, the freakier it becomes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nalbanna, oh man, we used to get centipedes in our basement in the US they were so gross!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh you poor girls!! I hate insects, they terrify me!
    We had some hatchings lately of spiders...there were baby spiders everywhere, even in the beds!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Not to be mean or anything but you killed an innocent spider who couldnt have harmed you at all just because your child was scared of it? and she was scared of it only because she had learnt that from you. I really dont mean to be horrible but it seems a bit cruel to me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Melissa, oh man baby spiders in your bed sounds like a horror flick to me.

    Kay, you know I can't argue with that. If I were more brave I'd cradle the little guy in my hand and set him free. But I'm not. We sometimes have an ant problem and I spray for those too. I'm a mass murderer.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!