September 22, 2009

More Eid Fun!

So most people here in Egypt celebrate the Eid for 3 days. I pretty sure that's just a cultural thing though. Anyway the second day we took the kids to play at the mall's overpriced play place.
Here's Zayneb as one of the magician's volunteers.
Dawood beat salwas 7 -0 at Air Hockey.
Zayneb shooting hoops.
Safiyah ridin' the chopper
Hi Salwa!
This was the biggest rip off, 10LE and she fell off after 3 seconds. Ride over.
Trampoline fun.
Gee, Smile would ya?

Yesterday we went on a boat trip, it was pretty nice even if we didn't go swimming. The fresh air was good, and the water was beautiful.
Safiyah caught off guard.
Salwa and Zayneb
Dawood

In other news, I recently met a new friend online,sort of by coincidence, subhanAllah. She lives in hurghada, but we haven't actually met yet. We're meeting today inshaAllah so If I go missing you'll know I was kidnapped/killed by her. Kidding, really I was the one to contact her so if anyone should be worried, it would be her. We've kinda become friends already via emails, phone calls and msn. We have a lot in common, she's really cool and cracks me up. When calling about our meeting she goes "don't forget your axe" hahahahahah. Well played, J. Well played.

10 comments:

  1. Just 3 days? People have been talking to me like "Well on the 4th day of Eid I'm going to travel back to Cairo.."

    Nice pictures, they look like they're having fun and yes 10 LE is overpriced.. I always like to think how many crisps or cans of pepsi I could get for that price :P

    I've never met a girl from the net before, are you nervous or have you done it before? Good luck with not meeting an axe-murderer haha let us know how it went :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww I just love your pics! My husband only got 2 days off work for Eid so now I'm by myself again. :( I wish he had more holiday!

    Have fun on your meet up. I met my husband this way on the net and all turned out well so I'm sure that she will not turn out to be an axe murderer... lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing Mona...and we want to hear all about the meeting with your friend...gore-and-all LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jaz, I thought this Eid was "3 days" and the Eid el Adha is 4? Anyway, any excuse to do something fun. Lol, yea 5 cans of coke for that price! I've met a woman online before, she's a good friend now, alhamdulillah..I'm always nervous meeting new people anyway but It's cool, inshaAllah.


    Amalia, Aw that's cute, Have you posted about how you guys met? I'll have to check for that, that is if you want(ed) to share.


    Washi, I'll report inshaAllah that it was great, probably not go into details since that would be invading her privacy but anyway I already feel like I've known her a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the view from the boat...great shots, especially the one with the two girls.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I looove this post :)!It makes me want to be a child again :D!
    Have fun with your new friend :)...but drop a line in here quickly,so that we all know you're fine ;)!
    Mwah,mwah honeybee...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Masha Allah nice pics ... the sea is definitely beautiful ... Yeah we have all those rides here in Saudi too ....

    Good luck with the meeting ... I know I too feel a lil nervous when meeting new ppl ... But, Lord! I wanna meet my blog pals in person :( .... Insha Allah hope never fails ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Salam Mona,

    I just started to read your blog and I love it. 10LE is a rip off but so is almost everything in Egypt.

    Umm Tamim

    ReplyDelete
  9. That water looks beautiful!!! I wish I could just jump in.

    Good luck on your "meet and greet"...hope you had fun ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Salma, thanks yea the water was gorgeous.

    Jasmina, Ha, I'm ok, I lived to post about it, will in a bit!

    Ms. Unique, InshaAllah maybe someday!

    LostNiqabi, Thanks! Yea, true.

    bzmomma, thanks yea it was fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!