September 24, 2009

The Meeting

So I met my internet friend, J and lived to tell the story. She's so easy to talk to and really down to earth. We clicked immediately. The kids were a little shy at first, (we both have 4, a boy and 3 girls, mashaAllah) but they were getting along great later on. It was so funny, the 2 boys were all standoffish at first and neither wanted to make the first move. By the time we parted they had a handshake down and they were asking when we'd meet again.

Alhamdulillah, we were talking about how Allah does everything for a reason. I was just thinking maybe the reason I had that whole snafu about Safiyah & school was so that I would do the Google search that led me to find J! It's really great to have a friend who's on the same page with you on a lot of things. She's Canadian born and raised with Arab parents and the US and Canada are kinda like the same so we get eachother. Alhamdulillah I'm really glad to have met her.

17 comments:

  1. yaaay to new friendships!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:03 AM

    I am glad you have a new friend ,if I had stayed in Hurghada it would have been very hard for me -I am talking 16 years ago.The place seems to have changed a great deal since then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Om Safiyah11:07 AM

    sorry to be so mysterious and anon -I am hopeless with computers and keep losing the page if I try to put my name.I am Tracy from New Zealand.(waves)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Om Safiyah11:09 AM

    now this is really stalkerish -those are my two previous posts!!Worked out how to put my name up :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so cool! I'm glad it went well!
    You mean you both have 3 girls and 1 boy? Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you had fun and the kids enjoyed it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you had fun and the kids enjoyed it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. There's nothing like a friend who totally gets you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Angie Nader, Yay indeed!

    Om Safiyah/Tracy(! I have a safiyah too, same spelling!) Yea it's changed a lot even in the 5-6 years I've been here.

    Jaz, yea I know right?!

    Amalia, Yea thanks, we did.

    Washi, this is true and It's great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's beautiful...I think that the best friendships are the unexpected ones.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's nice :)!
    Kiss,kiss...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Masha Allah ... Great! ... May your friendship keep blooming each day Ameen :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous8:55 AM

    Just out of curiosity, do you speak in English to J?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous8:55 AM

    Just out of curiosity, do you speak in English to J?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Salma, yea, that's true, Thanks.

    Jasmina, thank you ;)

    Anonymous, yea we speak English. She's Canadian and I'm American (born and raised) so yea.

    ReplyDelete
  16. woohoo! That's awesome! I haven't met ANY of my friends from online yet (well,not counting you ;) ). I don't know. Maybe I'll get enough guts to go to BlogHer this year. It is in NY so it's close to home.

    ReplyDelete
  17. bsmomma, You should try to go! That would be great.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!