August 8, 2009

I'm In A Rambling Mood Tonight



Sooooo, They finally opened the new mall/hypermarket (Spinney's) here and it's great! The mall is not really open yet, maybe one or 2 shops open and the food courts not open either. There's a kids' arcade/play place and a movie theater. They have mostly Arabic movies and the new Terminator movie. Slumdog Millionaire and He's Just Not That Into You are "coming soon" so funny cause, they're kinda old, but new to me anyway. Spinney's is nice, not nearly as big as the one in Cairo but bigger than any supermarket we have here. They have some good deals, a good bakery dept. and yummy looking hot food.

The school has given the kids summer homework. Can you believe it? It sucks, really. No other school here has assigned HW over the summer. It's a lot too. The kids are doing a little each day and hope to be done before Ramadan starts inshaAllah.
seven pounds Pictures, Images and Photos
E and I watched a movie a few nights ago on TV, Seven Pounds, starring Will Smith. It was really good. Best movie I've seen in a long time. I was moved. I don't want to give anything away but it's beautiful and tragic and maybe confusing at first but stick with it. Wonderful performances by Will Smith, Rosario Dawson, smaller parts played beautifully by Barry Pepper and Woody Harrelson. You should watch it. If you're in the Middle East it's on Show Cinema this week. If you're not, rent it. Really, it's good. I don't recommenced movies unless they are really, very good. Like, this morning 27 Dresses was on, and eh, it was cute enough but pretty predictable. Would I recommend it to a friend? If they wanted something mindless and cute, sure...now I'm really rambling.

10 comments:

  1. I so get you when you say that you're happy that there's a mall where you live.I love malls :)!He,he,he...don't say this to my dad.He'll say I'm a capitalist :D!
    And I so wish to see the movies Seven Pounds and He's just not that into you.I didn't manage to see them this winter.
    Homework during the summer?That's too much!We don't have this in Slovenia,but if it can comfort your children tell them that in Italy children are also struggling with homework during the summer.Puh!
    Kiss,kiss...

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww Seven Pounds... :'( That really was a great movie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to know about the new mall ... There are tons of malls here and they keep opening one every time LOL ... the people here have got the mall crazy ... Jeddah has a mall in every other nook and Al-Khubar too and they keep opening more :s ....

    I'm not a movie bluff but when someone says it's nice only then do I look it up ... like the one Umm Travis put on her blog "Arranged" ... I liked it very much .... You rarely get to see a decent movie these days .... Sorry something went wrong so I had to delete the other comment :s

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jasmina, I might be a capitalist as well. Yea the HW sucks, hopefully they'll be finishes soon.

    NeverEver, yea, sure was.

    Ms. Unique, yea I guess there's not much else to do since it's sooooo hot there, hotter than here even.

    Yea the film has one sex scene but nothing is shown, physically but it's implied but I always look away even at kissing scnenes, I just feel uncomfortable. Especially since Mr. Smith and Miss Dawson had such real chemistry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now you get a mall close by woot!

    Now about the movies (lol I've seen most of them!): Terminator, haven't seen
    Slumdog Millionaire wasn't what it was hyped up to be
    He's just not that into you is soo cute!

    Seven Pounds was AWESOME, seriously Will Smith is a great actor, no doubt.
    But I agree with you on 27 dresses, waaay too predictable.

    And that's my little movie review in one comment, YES! :D

    (P.S Insha'Allah your kids will finish the sucky suck suck hw soon :] )

    ReplyDelete
  7. where are youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

    ReplyDelete
  8. wallahi you are so adorable. and yea where have you been?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you like the mall!

    Home work over summer? Oh no! That's not right. Ok, I can see giving them some work sheets but not stuff that the HAVE to do, you know? Summer is for vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Melissa, yea, it's stupid and annoying.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!