June 8, 2009

Tinkering With The Template

I got the Layout changing bug last night and it's a lot like potato chips, once you start you can't stop. I think I'm finally satisfied with it. I wanted a fresh new look for summer and I played around till I got this. I originally wanted to make a header using the DesignHerGal images that I now have on the footer, but it didn't look right. Scroll to the bottom to see cartoon me & my kids.(They didn't have one that looked like E) It's a fun site and easy to use. Thanks SliceofLemon for the link.

I always learn something new when I play around with the template. Like the separator between the posts and how to change the background image. If you stopped by earlier today you might have seen the swirly design I had on the left. I nixed it because I like the content to be wide and it wouldn't let me make it any wider with the narrow template without making the sidebar go to the bottom. (Thanks Ange) Plus background images make pages load slower. I also reduced the number of posts on the home page to make it load faster and shortened the side bar. So I stuck with Minima stretch, made my own header and put in the separators and the footer image.

If any of you in Egypt using TEdata they have an offer in friday's paper for 512Kbps for 95LE a month, unlimited. I don't know if the prices in Cairo are different then here but I wouldn't think so. We were paying that for half that speed so inshaAllah I'll have a faster connection soon.

So what do you think of the new look?

11 comments:

  1. oooh, I love it! And I love the new font in your title, too. Do you do that title in a separate program and then save it as a pic?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Masha Allah! dats just soooooooo pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can literally smell summer scents!!! Love your header & footer. The cartoons are so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey looks great. How do you get the wide look on it tho...which template do you use? Ive been wanting that forever but Im not so savvy at figuring out "technical" stuff...sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. UmmOmar, thanks to make the header I saved the pic , the orange circly swirly thing and rotated it then opened it in paint and made the frame part, then I uploaded it to photobucket and their editing tool lets you add text in diff fonts and colors etc. Hope that made sense.

    MsUnique, thanks!

    Hajar, hee, aren't they?

    Coolred, in templates I chose Minima Stretch, that makes it wide.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mashaa Allaah very nice and lemoney (or is it bananery?) :) I love the cartoon too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Asiya, I'll go with lemony :) Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like it. Very summery! I thought I had changed mine, but yesterday realized I still had a winter pic on there. I have to get around to changing it, before it's next winter.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anisah,Thanks. I bet you are great at templates. If anyone wants my mediocre help I love doing this stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like it! And I love your gal! She's so cute! Is that an abaya??? Wow, they're good!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!